PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

MAKinnear
06-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Hello,

I was told that this was a good site, and after looking at the work here over the last few days I'm impressed. Lurking is bad form so I decided that I ought to introduce myself.

Last year I took a big step, sold up and became a full time artist. On the plus side I get to paint (a lot) - but I don't get much time to meet/talk to other artists. Working as I do in isolation is probably a bad thing so I'd very much appreciate your help and advice with my work as much as I enjoy looking at yours.

I work in 'traditional' oils - mostly studio with staged work rather than alla prima. Subjects are mostly marine, but also landscape with an emphasis on atmosphere and tone rather than 'realism'.

By way of introduction, I've posted an image or two of typical work - you can see more at www.makinnear.co.uk

Look forward to seeing your work in the future.

Mart

anney
06-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Welcome to WC and to the Marine Art forum. Well I'm just practissing some medium as a hobby, but diversity is one of the wealth of WC!

Wonderful skies and sea, I look forward seing your next works.

Anne.

VeldaJ
06-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi Mart and welcome to the Marine Forum. If these are a sample of your work I'm sure we will delight in seeing much more.

Congratulations on taking that huge leap. Hope everything works out really well for you.

angela
06-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Welcome!!!
These are amazing! I am sure you will do really well as a full time artist!
Angela

Marty C
06-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Mart,
Welcome to Wet Canvas and to the Marine Art Forum.
These are very impressive works, very polished and atmospheric. Great website, skies and clouds are a strong and brilliantly handled feature in you works. It's terrific you have decided to join our web family. It's a great way to exchange views, see each others art and learn what and how others are doing all around the world. Very much looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

DFGray
06-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi Mart
I like the action, movement and the stories you're telling
regards
Dan

Diane Cutter
06-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Your work is very dramatic and romantic... I love it. You inspire us... Thank you.

Diane

Regina McMullan
06-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Very powerful. Nice colors. I especially like the riders in the surf.

Moosehead
07-01-2004, 12:48 AM
I have a comment on each of thes for pieces:wow, wow, wow, and wow! Powerful! (ok that's 5 comments).

LEIGH RUST
07-02-2004, 06:44 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Mart, these are incredible!! Some of the most atmospheric work I've seen in a long time. Truly gorgeous. I look forward to seeing more and all the best on your quest as a full time artist. My hat's off to you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

designergigi
09-23-2004, 01:37 PM
I so appreciated your wip on another thread that I saw today, had to go to your website, read your other posts and can only say, you are truly one of the most gifted artists I've seen. Fantastic work. I can't wait to see more.

Welcome to wetcanvas. You are a lovely addition.

BTW, I am going to be in England this February. Would you pm me if there is any chance I may stop in and see your work?

Thanks,
Gigi

mooz49
09-24-2004, 02:40 AM
Your paintings are very striking even on my computer screen so they must look brilliant in reality. You certainly can capture the atmosphere! :clap: :clap: :clap: