PDA

View Full Version : star crossed lovers

furrtig
06-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Romeo and Juliet...perhaps not, but star crossed none the less!!!!

Michael
06-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Suddenly I feel like a lizard :D

This is a wonderful piece. What did you use here?

themanda
06-28-2004, 04:07 PM
this is too cool! i love it.

furrtig
06-28-2004, 04:19 PM
you guys are just too kind!!!!.. I didn't use anything but ol Poser. Its funny because to most cg artist, Poser is the anti-program. They shun it like a photoshop guru would shun microsoft paint.
however, i've found that you can do alot with it, depending on the outcome your looking for.
everything was done with poser, no post editing. Its kinda goofy, but hey.... so am i.

Michael
06-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks furrtig!!

Outstanding!!!

you need to let bigblackbox know how you did this...I think this is exactly what he was just asking about!

peoplepainter
06-28-2004, 08:06 PM
How fun is that? I love it! I think I need to get Poser. It looks like a lot of fun.
Great job! I told you you were good. I was right. I win.

Lisa

furrtig
06-28-2004, 08:17 PM
it may not be avail anymore, but daz studio was a free program in beta version. look at www.daz3d.com for it. it is the offshoot from poser. you use poser figures etc. i have the beta and would be willing to get it to you somehow if you'd like.

bigblackbox
06-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Thanks furrtig!!

Outstanding!!!

you need to let bigblackbox know how you did this...I think this is exactly what he was just asking about!

Yes, with the background, ground, car - I still don't entirely get it. I think what I'm most confused about is placement. Like, *where* are the mountains? Are they a 2D background, like a wall? And the car? Sigh.

furrtig
06-28-2004, 09:57 PM
hi box, this was done entirely in poser. heres how i did it. first i opened the girl, did all the stuff u do, i.e. clothed, put hair etc..then i moved her to the left. i then opened the geko and did the same. by grabbing their arms and positioning them i posed them. i then went to the cars and picked the one wanted and clicked to open it in the scene and by using the dials, i moved it backward, behind the characters. then i opened the rotoscope, which is an add in you can get at daz3d.com.
imagine if you will your in one of those theatres thats round, and the move plays on the wall all the way around you. that is what the rotoscope is. it is like a large background. you can get many different ones, undersea, forrest, beach etc. it automatically opens to the background. if you look i think in this forum, or maybe in the illustration forum for one called 'nude beach', even though it has obvious problems, you will see that i used a beach rotoscope.
this is a 3d proggy, so you can move things up and back, not just side to side, so you simply use the postioning dials to move things around to suit you. In your poser runtime you will have access to people, cars, boats, animals etc, you simply open what ever ones you want and 'pose' them.
thats probrably as clear as mud, but if you priv message me with any questions, i'll try and do better.