PDA

View Full Version : "Dwarfed by a Giant"

JeffAllen
06-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone here is my most recent artwork :clap: ( I love spacescapes ) this one is called "Dwarfed by a Giant" and it was done using nothing but photoshop 7 and a mouse and it took about an hour and a half.
Please comment and let me know how I'm doing. ;)
thanks
,Jeff

Jet
06-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Welcome to WC..
..this is one of the best "spacescapes" i've seen..
it is awesome..

I've got a lot of questions...but i won't ask them all at once...

How did you get the textures, did you do them by hand, or any combined tweaking ...
I like doing textures with PS native filters and they look good, but they always need some work to get them 'click'...
.... i'd appreciate any tips on that direction... :cool:

Regards

AlpineAirbrush
06-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Well Jeff, I couldn't be more proud of your work Son. :clap:

I know you idolize Greg Martin and his space art work and I think this is approaching his his style.

Not bad for a 15 yr old kid who was facinated enough with Digital art that he researched and taught himself to do this stuff.

Keep up the good work kiddo !! :cool:

JeffAllen
06-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Welcome to WC..
..this is one of the best "spacescapes" i've seen..
it is awesome..

I've got a lot of questions...but i won't ask them all at once...

How did you get the textures, did you do them by hand, or any combined tweaking ...
I like doing textures with PS native filters and they look good, but they always need some work to get them 'click'...
.... i'd appreciate any tips on that direction... :cool:

Regards Actually when I first started making these I was following a Greg Martin tutorial and on the tutorial he has the planet texture that you use for the planet that you will be creating you can get the tutorial here (http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts_arts/making_a_planet.html) along with the texture for download.
hope this helps
,Jeff

Jet
06-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Thanks a lot, Jeff ...
It sure will help !!

Regards

Cronious
06-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Great stuff Jeff,

Your doing some great work on the putter, bet your art teachers are well impressed with this.

Keep going

(15 yrs old and doing great stuff............. I have some serious catching up to do......... Sigh :D)

Woof-a-Doof
06-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Atta-Boy! :clap:

Michael
06-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Yo Jeff...welcome to the nightmare!!!

Glad you two figured out how to split your account :D

Wonderful work...great color and "space"!

Can't wait to see more!!