PDA

View Full Version : Fruit of a dive


sassybird
09-30-2001, 02:55 AM
I hope you folks don't mind me sharing my print work here. There is no forum for those of us that work in that medium.

This piece was partial dry point (etching directly on the plate with a needle), and partially Hard Ground Etch. The eyes that appear in the piece were not intentional.

colorme
09-30-2001, 12:46 PM
i like this:), my friend at school told me about this kind of printing, i have never tried it..is it hard to do?

impetuous
09-30-2001, 02:02 PM
This is lovely Sass :clap:
I don't understnad how you did this, or the techincal terms that you used (have never done any printing). Do you print onto paper? or is this wood? The reason I ask is because the vertical lines make it look like a piece of weathered drift wood, I can imagine this printed onto the top of my picnic table:) it would look great!

sassybird
09-30-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by impetuous
This is lovely Sass :clap:
I don't understnad how you did this, or the techincal terms that you used (have never done any printing). Do you print onto paper? or is this wood? The reason I ask is because the vertical lines make it look like a piece of weathered drift wood, I can imagine this printed onto the top of my picnic table:) it would look great!

I printed on an archival piece of printmaking paper, Rieves BFK.
A print like this can be laminated in ways on tables, dressers etc.... If you ever have the oppurtunity take a print making class. It will open your eyes to all kinds of possibilities. I think every artist should. It was required at the college I attended, and taking that first class made me change my major.

sassybird
09-30-2001, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by colorme
i like this:), my friend at school told me about this kind of printing, i have never tried it..is it hard to do?

It isn't hard persay, but takes a lot of patients because there are so many steps to go through before you get to the final image.
Take a class. I assure you that you will never look at any medium the same way afterwards.

reynolds
10-01-2001, 12:58 AM
so sassy friend, is there any type of art project that you do not like to do. i am thinking that your ability to create in so many mediums deepens your way of thinking about materials so that you can think outside of the box quite well. i really like this, unintentional eyes and all.

Leaflin
10-02-2001, 10:02 AM
Wonderful Sass :)
I have been waiting to see some of your printmaking.
I look forward to many more.
The thing that strikes me most on this piece is that you can see how much you enjoyed doing it.:)

T-Rex
10-06-2001, 03:46 PM
Like this piece Sass, you about have me talked into taking a class:) .......Karen

Minagi
10-06-2001, 05:26 PM
This is great, Sassybird!
I started a printmaking course myself a month ago, and now I already see myself presenting 40,000 graphic leaves to some eager customer.. *laughs* In other words, I love it. In this era of photocopiers and printers and scanners it really makes you appreciate the good old-fashioned crafts...

We've only tried drypoint and etching so far. Aquatinta will follow, and then litography on the second course on spring.

sassybird
10-08-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Minagi
This is great, Sassybird!
I started a printmaking course myself a month ago, and now I already see myself presenting 40,000 graphic leaves to some eager customer.. *laughs* In other words, I love it. In this era of photocopiers and printers and scanners it really makes you appreciate the good old-fashioned crafts...

We've only tried drypoint and etching so far. Aquatinta will follow, and then litography on the second course on spring.

That is great Minagi:clap:

My first printmaking class is what got me hooked, and caused me to changed my major. I didn't much care for lithography, but loved all the other techniques. Aquatint is fickle, but a lot of fun to work with. My husband is building me an aquatint box when my press finally gets here. I have never been much of a gadget person. Hand tools are so much more fun to work with. I have a printer, scanner, and a digicam, but the cam gets more use than the others. These were all my husbands ideas. Please post some of your work from the class. You will get some good response in this forum.

quadros
10-10-2001, 02:29 PM
great work!! I also don't much about printing lingo,but I do know this is a great creation! Thanks!