PDA

View Full Version : "In The Beginning"

AlpineAirbrush
06-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Howdy gang,

I'm new to digital art but wanted to share some work that my 15 yr old son Jeffrey has been doing in photoshop. (can't figure out how to get another identity or WetCanvas account set up for him and share the same computer )
Anyway, let Jeff know what you think.

Jet
06-27-2004, 02:15 AM
WOW,
That's a great first post.

it looks very well done...and detailed to the max.!! :cool:

-------------

On to the double identity issue..........

i would venture to say it is possible if you're using windows and he is registered as a different user.
...am not completely sure about it ...but i'll go and find out....

..sayonara, later.....

:cool:

Michael
06-27-2004, 03:28 AM
Excellent work!!!!

Log out and register as a new user.

Woof-a-Doof
06-27-2004, 08:08 AM
2pawz^ :clap:

Although I am not a big space fan, this one stopped me! What I like about it is that every thing is not crystal clear. Everything seems a bit outta focus, which makes sense. I also like how the edges of the "main planet" are fuzzed, which again makes sense. So many "space scenes" are phenominally clear but when ya think about space dust, gravational bending of light and such...they dont end up feeling "real". I like the feel with this one!

I was thinking about the lens flare and how finicky PS lens flare can be, so I thought I would throw ya idea.

--> Creating an empty layer <label it "flare">
--> Set foreground color to black
--> Set blending mode to "color"
--> "Filter" > "Render" > "Lens Flare"
--> Create Flare as you like...

What you will see is a black ground and the flare, position it where you like. When you "OK" the flare, you will see the only the flare on the otherwise "empty" layer. What this allows ya to do is treat the flare like any other layer, resizing, repositing them and you can even do "Layer Adjustments". Plus the benifit I think best is that I dont have to rely on the small viewing port that PS puts up when creating the flare.

Hope it helps sometime!

Jet
06-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Woof,
I liked your idea - and it makes sense about PS little window..
..i have a question:

after you say [set foreground to color], i
does the layer stay transparent or does it need to be filled of some color first ?

Thanks !!

Woof-a-Doof
06-27-2004, 11:49 AM
[set foreground to color], i
does the layer stay transparent or does it need to be filled of some color first ?

Thanks !!
Jet--> If the foreground is set to black, the view port will have a black back ground by default...Once ya click "OK", the layer maintains it's transperancy, and the flare stand out by itself. Resisize, Skew, do whatever ya wanna do with the layer. Cool huh

JeffAllen
06-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone and for letting me know how to set up my own account. :)