PDA

View Full Version : michael and blake

nancy_ellen56
06-27-2004, 12:06 AM
here are the lights of my life...my son and grandson..started on blake tonight and couldn't stop..haha..still a ways to go before he is through..done in painter classic, I done a rough sketch and used the color matching tool to set the tones, used the airbrush feather tip, soft chalk, plain water, small bleach, and fine dry brush, so far I have about 5 hours in this. will post more later. any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Jet
06-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Nancy, ...he looks so alike the image in the photograph ..
..and without tracing...i have to do that sometime....and one thing you are getting so good at is getting babies to look like babies and not as mini-grown ups (as it happens to all my attemppts--ggrrrr!:mad: ) ...

I've read somewhere (i'll find that article in this pile of sh..eets someday) that to avoid that error, it was useful to 'round up' all shapes of the babies' features.

Congrats !!

Regards

nancy_ellen56
06-27-2004, 01:06 AM
thanks jet, this is only the umpteenth time I have tried to do a painting of my grandson, finally it just seemed to fit together...I was told by an art professor last spring that the key to children is the fewer lines the better...the more lines the older they look and believe me at one point tonight I thought I had lost it til I went back and blurred and blended the skin on the forehead to get rid of the lines that was caused from attempting to get the hair right.
thanks again for the compliment...

Michael
06-27-2004, 03:32 AM
What a wonderful start.
I think you are well on your way to having a partrait you family will cherish for a long time to come :clap: