PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature

themanda
06-26-2004, 11:09 PM
i'm enjoying my strange little landscapes, so here's another...

Michael
06-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Amanda,
I really like it.
Looks like the sun is ready to poeek through the clouds.
Lets put out a blanket and have a picnic;)

themanda
06-26-2004, 11:56 PM
can't tell is the sun is going to come out or not...hmmm...

thanks!

JCoop
06-27-2004, 12:23 AM
Manda, I love the movement in this piece and the trees and shadows are very interesting. If you could get rid of the subtle white lines around the foilage in the trees it would be perfect. That's probably a by product of working on different layers. Very cool!

Michael
06-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Hmmmm...it was those white lines that made me think the sun was coming out...LOL...maybe I need to wear my glasses :p

Jet
06-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Michael , go get some sleep... ;) ..too many hummer parties... :music: :cool:

Amanda,
i love this piece...knowing your initial struggles over the shading biz....i like how you pulled the shadows together over the hill...

....i wouldn't say the white lines around the shadows really bothers me....it only tells me of high usage of USM or some other sharpenning routine...

...for being a quick work is mostly appealing.... and easy to correct as a follow up...

Congrats, you're getting ahead now...:mad:

:D
Regards

SoniKalien
06-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Hey the shadow looks like a little girl running :D

Nice work, I like the clouds!

kbilltv
06-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I too, was intrigued by the shadow seeming to be cast by something other than the trees. I 'd take that idea and push it.

themanda
06-27-2004, 02:03 PM
thanks, all.

the shadow is supposed to be mother nature herself, pregnant and full of life. the storm clouds, of course, are full of water...yadda yadda yadda. you got the symbolizm right.

joel, you're right about the halo. it does come from working on a separate layer. not sharpening, jet...:) i should get rid of that...

thanks for the comments! this is a very interesting piece to me, too, bill. i think i'll play with the imagery some more and see what i can come up with.