PDA

View Full Version : June26 WDE the Eva Ann

sundiver
06-26-2004, 07:26 PM
I liked the pretty colors in the water. I ignored the fact I didn't know what half the stuff in the picture was. I was going to work loose and free!
Two hours of pickypicky later... lots of dark and light blobs, and I think the main boat is funny-looking, but it was fun using all those oranges and turquoises and pinks.
6x8 oil pastels on a board primed red.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jun-2004/6393-WDEjune26boats.jpg
Since I switched the scanner over to the laptop, the images have been coming out blurry. Time to switch back, I guess.
Fun WDE, Nina! Thanks!

Europa
06-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Wendy I looked at this one but chose the other boat one instead.....lol.....I think you have really captured the feel of this scene - I love how you did your water - well done. :clap: :clap:

Pat

Helen
06-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Very nice; I considered this one too but went for one of the other boats instead.

stonewhiteclown
06-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Wendy, I can't believe it's possible to squeeze this amount of detail into tiny piece using o.p.s! Amazing! :clap:

Dyin
06-26-2004, 07:57 PM
ooh, Wendy...I love all the little blobby details! :p Really like the red ground and really get the feel of a busy marina here. The reflections are great, love the turquoise in the water and how the heck did you get the fine line for the rope???

Drumbeat-trish
06-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Beautiful calmness for pickypicky :) love the colours !!!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn Wilson
06-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Wendy - I love those reflections in the water - and the colors are brilliant! I thought about this one, but too many details for me. Wonderful job!

MKathleen
06-26-2004, 09:59 PM
:clap: Wow Wendy this is stunning I love your use of color. I can feel the warm glow excellent work! :clap:

cmwynn
06-26-2004, 10:17 PM
The colors in this are stunning. The blurriness you talk about might make this more appealing, softer somehow.
Connie

hopefulbucky
06-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Wendy, what a lovely bright painting. Love all the colors you used particularly the reds and blues. What fun.

I think your boat came out quite well. Love the windows that you did. Those are difficult and you did them great. Your background is extremely well done. Just enough for our eyes and minds to translate what is there.

Great great job. :clap: :clap:

Deano
06-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Super job, Wendy. Love that background with just enough detail...Reflections are great...Especially like how you used the red toned primer.

CAULFIELD
06-27-2004, 01:55 AM
This turned out great! I too, am wondering how you got so many details in such a small pastel painting! You captured the colors very well!

~Nicole

leojacko
06-27-2004, 02:50 AM
I liked the pretty colors in the water. I ignored the fact I didn't know what half the stuff in the picture was. I was going to work loose and free!
Two hours of pickypicky later... lots of dark and light blobs, and I think the main boat is funny-looking, but it was fun using all those oranges and turquoises and pinks.
6x8 oil pastels on a board primed red.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jun-2004/6393-WDEjune26boats.jpg
Since I switched the scanner over to the laptop, the images have been coming out blurry. Time to switch back, I guess.
Fun WDE, Nina! Thanks!

Wendy, I think that this is super & in just 2 hours too !

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The red certainly holds the whole painting together.
Eva Ann looks fine to me & all those bits & pieces are confusing IRL too :D
Just love all the reflections.

In the background the open doorways lead to the sheds where fish & catches are auctioned. Eva Ann is a charter boat for fishing trips.

Nina

artbyjune
06-27-2004, 09:02 AM
I think this is excellent. :clap:

VeldaJ
06-27-2004, 11:29 AM
This is just gorgeous, Wendy. The red is really striking and holds everything together marvellously and your pickypicky details aare magnificent.

bluepellinore
06-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Cool colors! :clap: :clap:
I like the bright and impressionistic lighting effects. Nicely done!
-Mary

lanielsen
06-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Wendy-I keep looking at all of the artwork submitted on this thread and I just keep stopping at yours... and just staring. That is what art is all about, eh?
I just love it. :clap:

YYcat
06-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I love your painting. To draw this it was to much for me, all those little things to draw. I have to look at your approach more, and leave everything away you can't tell what it is :D !!!! It really beautiful with all the bright colors. :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
06-27-2004, 03:33 PM
This is just how I would have liked mine to look - I so nearly did this one!
You're braver than I! Those water colours are terrific (so are the rest!) and I think I must try this method of yours, using a strong underpainting/coloured prime - OK, I know others use it too!
Great work Wendy - and with ops on such a small area! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ams
06-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Beautiful job. It has such wonderful, intense colors. You did an amazing job getting that much detail with oil pastels on such a small painting.

Anne

sundiver
06-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks, everyone :) , especially for overlooking that the boat looks like it was assembled by Picasso!
I put the rail in - just forgot it before, and put an unidentified fabric item on the roof in an attempt to disguise the wonky perspective.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2004/6393-WDEjune26boat.jpg

dabblerdot
06-28-2004, 03:19 AM
I just read through the thread and was thinking about my comment-to-be, and all of a sudden there was the repost of your painting ! The rail certainly does add to the perspective, as does the (let's call it a tarpaulin) on the roof. I really, really like how you've handled the hull of the boat. But I admit I already loved the painting because of the bold use of colours and changes in temperature- refreshing like the sauna then the snow bank ! This painting really works-great job ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

dragonlady
06-28-2004, 03:32 AM
I really like this one, the addition of the tarpaulin and rail finishes the boat off. Love your colours, the red against the blue reflections is stunning - I particularly like the reflections of the water on the hull of the boat.

taximom
06-29-2004, 05:47 PM
I like the colors, you did a good job! :clap: :clap: :cool:
Maybe one day I will try OP's ... they scare me! :confused:
-Maureen (taximom) :angel: