PDA

View Full Version : Bird is the Word :-)

bravynn
06-26-2004, 11:58 AM
One of my 'Artists Loft' paintings.... it's a bird duh! :)

Learned a lot from you Gloria, Jean, and LA/Margie. Thanks!

I freehanded all of this while painting, except for the BRUSH [paint brush, not a tube of a pretty picture] which made the leaves/pine needles. All of my things are mostly painted in Painter8, unless another prog has a brush that I like and I don't have it in my Painter.

Thanks for lookingggg!

Barbara

CrystalSky
06-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Gorgeous :clap: :clap: Funny, I'm just now going to start one of a Rainbow Lorikeet.

Michael
06-26-2004, 02:54 PM
This is beautiful, it looks as if it belongs on fine china...A job WELL DONE!

JCoop
06-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Barbara, this is very accomplished! I hope you realize how really good you are.

The only problem for me is the disconnect between techniques... The bird and the background are painted with the "artist's hand", but the leaves look generic. I say, if you've gone that far, you might as well go all the way.

The painting is lovely either way, but I really think it would benefit from a consistent approach.

themanda
06-26-2004, 11:52 PM
very warm feel to this one. i do agree with joel...those leaves seem overly harsh when compared to the wonderful softness of the rest of the piece. my only little nitpick would be to add some more definition between the bird and the background to really bring that bird out. you've done a fantastic job on him, but he gets just a bit lost.

this is a very, very good piece! you should be proud of it.

Jet
06-28-2004, 02:00 PM
I won't argue with the experts here...oh no, no, no, no...
------------
i like the bird's face , he is "pixed" at something...
..Barb maybe, you woke him up too early for his portrait session !! ;)

Kool pic
:cool:
Regards

bravynn
06-29-2004, 03:04 AM
THANK YOU!

Crystal Sky - Would like to see your parakeet painting when you're finished.

Redwater - whoa! fine china? nice compliment

Joel - Amanda -- There was a heart-wrenching catalyst that 'woke me up' in October '03. Before then, I only did art eratically, even though I knew I had some talent. Now, I'm dedicated to improve. I love everything about art. To use an analogy, I've had the boat, but now I'm putting the motor on it. Yours, and other fine artist like you that give me critiques, and compliments are taken seriously, and are much appreciated. I will definitely give it consideration if I feel that it fits the situation. If I'm not aware of what I'm told, I will surely try what has been given to me at the time or in future work/play. I agree about the leaves, and especially keeping the consistency. THANKS!

Jet - The bird was early so it could get the worm? ;-) thanks I don't get on WC often enough to reply to everyone, so I do try to acknowledge everyone that writes to me in one note. I don't like having to do that, but it's just the way it is sometimes. Not apologizing...just jawin'. :-) I just saw Michael's picture Kbiltv did in, 'Who Are You People'! That was hilarious! Lots of laughs! I love that! I guess Michael/Redwater doesn't have any problem with 'hearing'. LOL!

sonikalen - Forgive me if I mispell your name. I won't explain why I felt the need to thank so many at one time in one note as I did before. There were a lot of them. :-) Here's another thank you for reminding me to thank my Mum! hehe
Thank YOU!