PDA

View Full Version : I drew it and I painted it :)

justjean
06-26-2004, 01:04 AM
the face I drew from Betty Edwards book " Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" and now here it is in colour :)

Jet
06-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Jean i see the merit in this painting,.... and you're going in the right direction...

Congrats, this is quite an accomplishment !!

Regards

Michael
06-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Well done :clap:

Especially to shading and color :D

bravynn
06-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Your drawing skills are improving exceedingly Jean. Good job! When I paint, I have been trying to go for different values/colors instead of lines...for instance, on the woman's jawline of your painting. Perhaps you could try softening the line more if you want the line to stay or just using the value/color change of the lined area to leave the line out altogether, to see which one you would like better. Just a thought. Otherwise, it's lookin' GOOOOD luv. Always good to have some disappearing edges and shown edges. I read in Saper's book about letting the edges disappear in the shadows, but since you haven't any major shadows in your painting, I suppose it wouldn't apply here.

Maybe someone could comment on lost and found edges? *big grin*

Barb [not a 'knowItAll...but I know what I like and don't like'. hmm, sounds like a personal problem??? to me. *bigDopeyGrin*]

JCoop
06-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Jean, you're doing good work!

When you paint, always be mindful of the direction of your lighting. The bright values along the jawline confuses the lighting here. I think I see what you were trying to accomplish... many times there is a hint of reflected light at the edge of an object that casts shadows. In this case your reflected light is a bit too bright and broad.

Jean, I appreciate the seriousness to how you approach your art. You are constantly improving... KEEP GOING!!! :clap:

justjean
06-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Thanks Jet I appreciate your words

Micheal the shading and colour are fun things even if they don't always turn out right :)

Thanks Barb,:)

Thanks Joel, I'll try fixing that jaw I see what you mean :D

themanda
06-26-2004, 11:19 PM
that's a very interesting book, and your results are certainly inspiring. it's amazing how much we can learn when we're able to open ourselves to a new method. you're doing wonderfully! :) :clap: