PDA

View Full Version : child smelling flower

nancy_ellen56
06-25-2004, 11:45 PM
found a wonderful pic of shannon smelling flower in reference images posted by imagenie so thought I would try my hand. Didn't do the little girl justice but had fun attempting to paint a likeness. I used painter classic and my trusty mouse. All is free handed. tools used included the airbrush feather tip, airbrush single pixel, soft chalk, small bleach, water as a smudger and blender, and runny water to create the dreamy bubbles in the background. The hair was done with many repetative (spelling) thin stokes and alternate smudging, I still have work to do on the hands and need to learn to layer...anyhow am attempting to use what I am learning about colors and tonal values in oil classes in my work, though here lately I haven't found much time to do any digital painting.
comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Michael
06-26-2004, 12:15 AM
LOL...That is cute!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Never give up and keep painting. You have a good technique brewing here. Experiment, enjoy...and most of all.....Patience...LOL

Good work! :D

nancy_ellen56
06-26-2004, 12:56 AM
thanks, glad you liked it. Painting is my one relaxation...

Jet
06-26-2004, 01:32 AM
I love the background and overall colors , they are right for a little girl,..... on the performance of the painting i guess i couldn't have done it better so i better zip.

Ah! one suggestion: your avatar pic is too small...
Do you need any help there, or this is made on purpose ?

Need help? PMme and we'll fix it right away :cool:

Regards

nancy_ellen56
06-26-2004, 08:29 AM
.... on the performance of the painting i guess i couldn't have done it better so i better zip.
ahhhh now jet you are far better than I...but I appreciate the compliment......one day I hope to have your skill...

Ah! one suggestion: your avatar pic is too small...
yes it is too small, wasn't meant to be but had so much trouble getting it the right size I got lazy and left the one that was accepted if you can fix it please do. thanks...
Regards

themanda
06-26-2004, 11:55 PM
you've done a great job on that arm in the foreground...it's got good shape and dimension and really jumps out at you.

welcome to the forums! this is a great place to learn.

nancy_ellen56
06-27-2004, 12:23 AM
thanks themanda, I still have some work to do on her especially the other hand, will finish her soon...