09-29-2001, 04:21 PM
size?

giniaad
09-29-2001, 05:01 PM
wonderful use of light and dark
color and texture...
composition is captivating...
girl in blue, feeling blue?
possition of feet showing sweet indecision...

ginia

Luvy
09-29-2001, 08:01 PM
I love your work *S* But I have a question on this one. Is it my imagination or is her (my left) leg wrong? Looks like the foot and knee are turned inwardly. Most your work I can't ever find a thing wrong with. *S* But this looks funny to me in that area. But I'm a newbie So this is a question not a critique *S* LOL:)

yogi
09-29-2001, 10:24 PM
Not quite your usual quality.

There does seem to be something goofy with the feet. Of course, when I was little, I could move my feet both totally inward or totally outward. So, maybe your model is just goofing around? :)

I love the sky. Indicates good dress weather.

Impulse
09-30-2001, 12:59 AM
lovely work in the shadows
gorgeous color in the sunlight
mmm... delicious

Free2bu
09-30-2001, 10:31 AM
I'm seeing her leg/feet as the stance of a child who is shuffling, trying to figure something out, also, the position of the hand to the forehead tells me she is either confused or trying to decide which way to go? I really love this, the colors are wonderful.

aaasp
09-30-2001, 01:51 PM
Quite small Jerry 28x23" approx.

Ginia and Free2bu, you got what I was seduced by, which Yogi and Luvy are questioning- that young girl was standing like that with that contorted leg that only the very young can get away with! She seemed either lost or totally free. She also had that timeless, slightly Alice in Wonderland, outfit on. I took many photographs and, after playing with them and replacing them etc. produced three paintings in which she figured.
I have no idea who she was.
A friend of mine said "would it not be amusing if one day she recognises herself?"

everetto
09-30-2001, 03:46 PM
Hi aaasp,

I normally look at your paintings for a minute or two and marvel at how very well done they are, truly beautiful work...but this one captured me for a good while, it's by far the painting of yours that has had the most impact on me (not sure if I've caught them all).

The texture is what really draws me in there, it seems to have a very real (but bizarre) texture. I would sure like to see it in real life.

I think this one confirms that you have a bent toward the surreal. The immediate impression I got was a mixture of two conflicting reactions; 'This is real' and 'this is not real'. I enjoy that. To me, that is engaging.

There is such a strange light here, at some times it seems all is just a little askew, but then a second later it seems it could be dangerous and confusing. Also, I couldn't possibly guess what's going on in this girl's head, and I like that too. This is a strange place, thanks for sharing.

aaasp
09-30-2001, 05:36 PM
Evertto, I really appreciate what you said.
I am not interested in the surreal but I am intent on intesifying reality.
What I aim to do is making what we see even more intense than it is. Because I love it so.
Anthony

dornberg
10-01-2001, 08:23 PM
very nice orange color
very nice orange shape