PDA

View Full Version : woman sitting on the beach / xpost cp

CAULFIELD
06-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, I've been looking through some work over here to help me with this drawing and some others I'm going to be doing, and the work is great over here!

This is a drawing from a reference photo I took of a woman sitting in front of me (a bit downhill) at the beach. I cropped it - and the water is not looking flat enough. I am going to rework the top part and thought all of you might have some suggestions. I'm attaching the reference photo too - but I'm not married to it: I can change whatever is needed!

Thanks for looking!
Nicole :)

8 1/2" X 9 1/2" on art spectrum paper (greyed lavender color) with prismacolor colored pencils

Marty C
06-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Hi Nicole,
Welcome to the Marine Art Forum.
You have come out with all guns blazing for your first post! I think this is breathtaking. The woman is exquisite, the highlights in her hair are just wonderful. As for the water, I really don't think any further work is required, you have done a marvelous job on it - it has plenty of movement and variation in value and colour and reads perfectly as water. Sign it and be proud of a work extremely well done.

CAULFIELD
06-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Nicole,
You have come out with all guns blazing for your first post! I think this is breathtaking. The woman is exquisite, the highlights in her hair are just wonderful. As for the water, I really don't think any further work is required, you have done a marvelous job on it - it has plenty of movement and variation in value and colour and reads perfectly as water. Sign it and be proud of a work extremely well done.

Wow, thanks Marty. I'm a big fan of your work, so that means alot! Thanks for the welcome as well! I plan on doing a few more beach scenes so you will see me again. I like to return the favor here at WC but I don't know if I feel confident enough to critique anyone else over here yet; we'll see!

~Nicole :)

VeldaJ
06-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi Nicole,

My sentiments ecactly!

CAULFIELD
06-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks Joy!
Nicole