PDA

View Full Version : Drawing on the right side of the Brain

justjean
06-25-2004, 12:16 PM
I bought Betty Edwards book and tried the upside down drawing exercise
the only problem is I will have to have pics of everything so as I can do them upside down, anyway here are my first two upside downers :D

Jet
06-25-2004, 12:25 PM
That book is one of the best you can have..
let's wait for Clare (Cronius), tell us about it some more.
I remember having heard She bought it and was very glad having done so...

Congrats

Pamper that right side...it rox !

Regards

Michael
06-25-2004, 02:18 PM
two excellent example of what the book tries to teach us!! :clap:

justjean
06-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Jet Clare was the one that told me about them :) That book is one of the best you can have..
let's wait for Clare (Cronius), tell us about it some more.
I remember having heard She bought it and was very glad having done so...

Congrats

Pamper that right side...it rox !

Regards

justjean
06-25-2004, 05:12 PM
Now RedWater if I can ever get to drawing right side up I might just get somewhere ROFL

two excellent example of what the book tries to teach us!! :clap:

dcorc
06-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Just popping in to say that if you only ever buy one art book, Betty Edwards is the one to get! (I really do feel that strongly about it)

Dave (no, I'm not Betty :D - I just like the book a lot! )

Chiers
06-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Jean I heard that was a good book a long time ago so a couple months ago when Michaels had it on clearance I bought it but must confess I haven't even read more than a couple pharagraphs in it. Perhaps this will give me the push I need to get into it. Judging from your results it must be good.

Duende
06-25-2004, 09:37 PM
You have done a great job here!
I have owned Betty Edwards book's for a while and I wouldn't be without them. I have learnt so much from her, and I still am. I find that using the "negative space" method of drawing helps one really "see" the subject . I would especially recommend these books to young people who are just starting out in the art world. Paddy

bravynn
06-26-2004, 01:00 PM
A college art professor used this book in a drawing class. I've drawn since I was 'knee high to a grasshopper' [rambling thought..remembering JCoop painted as a monk in 'Who Are You People' thread of Digital Painting...haha, think it was Gloria/flowerfancy58 that did the painting] pardon the jump in memories lane... now to continue my earlier train of thought... yes, I've drawn since I was kneehigh ...... and when taking a college drawing class, this book helped LOTS.

Confucious say...' person who talk a lot, and not say much...should stuff an egg roll into the mouth' hehe

Barb 'bare with me' I can become obnoxious with humor sometimes. But I'm a happy painting full. :angel:

Cronious
06-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Jean, these are great.

I worked through this book at the beginning of the year, took me two days as I didn't have much to do at the time and was amazed at my improvement. I am so glad you got this book Jean, and so many others here have it.

I remember doing the upside down drawing in the book and thought it was amazing.

I have just leant my book to my mum who paints in watercolour. She sent me a copy of her hand painting, shes really enjoying this book.

I agree that this book is great, it really made my art go from photoart to painting. Best book I ever bought, glad your enjoying

Clare

justjean
06-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi Dave
I think it's a great book also :)
Dave (no, I'm not Betty - I just like the book a lot! )

Thanks Sherry I am enjoying being able to almost make things look like they should :D
Judging from your results it must be good.

Paddy I"m enjoying the negative too :)
I have learnt so much from her, and I still am. I find that using the "negative space" method of drawing helps

Barb :)

Clare THANK YOU so much for recommending the books to me, I am enjoying the work book very much :D
I agree that this book is great, it really made my art go from photoart to painting. Best book I ever bought, glad your enjoying