PDA

View Full Version : While I was waiting...

Woof-a-Doof
06-25-2004, 09:55 AM
I wanted to pull away from my recent obsession (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196776) . I thought it might be healthy, if only for a burst. So, I went back to charactaz. I thought about placing these images in the Back to Faces (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167135) thread. This thread has a face, one face :D What I am looking to do is get opinions on which avenue to take. I will be using Photoshop

This image began in 3D Studio. The model was created and then imported into Bryce. The model was replicated x3 and raised above each other and divided up by half in doing so. Each model has the same materials applied.

I wanted to create a fade effect to give the illusion of going UP and BACK (too lazy...I could have moved each individually backwards...hindsight 20/20) In tweaking the properties of the material I began to play with the transperancy settings. In acending order I wanted 100%-->75%-->50%-->25%. Things don't always work as planned. The upper most model was very bright and over powered the whole image, so I reverted to the default settings.

This group of images are "rough drafts", begining with #1. Number 1 is on the tail end of it's final 13 hour "premieum render". I got restless and descided to get an idea of where I wanted to go with the idea.

I numbered the images according to the layers I have in a Photoshop file. I will try and remember all the tweaks & settings, but bassically it went like this....

#1) --->Image imported into Photoshop from Bryce.
#2) --->Liberal use of the "Liquify" filter along with a "Jiggle" filter.
#3) --->"Liquify" again, applied the canvas texture
#4) --->"Liquify", "Smudge Stick" and used the "blurr" tool on the left side of models face. On the right side I played with the "sharpening tool"
#5) --->"Liquify", "Gauassin Blurr .5 pix", "glowing edges", and finally a filter called "Virtual Painter"

What would you Photoshop users do with Image Number One :confused:

Jet
06-25-2004, 10:32 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jun-2004/27782-prostar2.jpg

Woof, looking good ..i saw a couple of effects good for using when converting drawings into paintings.

I placed a little pro-seal as a reminder that there's a procedure included.

I know it takes a lot of time, but we really appreciate it !!

Thanks

Regards
:cool:

Michael
06-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I really need to take some time and get a good look at all of these.

The color and saturation in all of these are magnificent.

Since I am so used to your other work I am used to seeing an exteremely smooth style, so I have to try not to let that cloud the other renditions....lol

I will be back this evening to try and figure out what I just typed here :D

Woof-a-Doof
06-25-2004, 04:47 PM
RedWater--> Kewl! I know the feeling, I usually can't comment one way or another after viewing an image the first time. Look forward to what ya have to say! BTW, this is actually more my style than the "Keep your eye on the Ball" posts. That "style" is more of an exercise and an attempt at following a suggestion someone made to me some time back. I hope my "other" style doesn't throw ya!

Jet Liera--> Is that seal a good thing? The procedure is just a rough idea of what I did, not a tutorial or any thing. The seal makes me curious... I am not worthy LOL :D :D :D

Michael
06-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Well

You asked for opinions...LOL...I think.

I like the look of #3. except for the canvas texture. The VP in #5 looks good too. Especially the angled strokes. Personally, I would lose the texture on #3. The dupe that, add angled brush strokes..Max the lider to the right. And then overlay #5 on top of that. I think the combination would look great. It is just a pain to place just right with different perspectives in PS.

I think the progression does look best in #5 though. Which would be natrual since you worked towards that.

Honestley, I do think that I am basing a bit on the obsession you have had...LOL...tried not to let that color my judgement though...LOL

I am sure I am probably going to change my mind the more I look at it though :rolleyes:

Woof-a-Doof
06-26-2004, 07:49 AM
RedWater--> I appreciate your ideas!!! Later on this afternoon, assuming there is time, I will give your suggestions a whack.

I like #5 alot also, but it wasn't really anything I was working towards...it's just where I stopped messing with it. I wish I was one of those artists that have something in mind and the outcome matches that perfectly, but alas, I am not that artist. I am much more of an emotive artist...

Also, I failed to place in my original post (I will go back and revise it), but feel free to take image #1 and play with it. That way I can see your ideas and read them at the same time :clap: :clap: :clap:

Woof-a-Doof
06-26-2004, 07:53 AM
I failed to put in the post at begining of this thread that image #1 can be taken and played with...I would be real curious to see what other Photoshop Users would do for post work on image Number One... Much appreciated!!!

SoniKalien
06-26-2004, 08:49 AM
You asked for it..

not Photoshop but Photopaint.. close enough I guess :p

Woof-a-Doof
06-26-2004, 10:40 AM
You asked for it..

not Photoshop but Photopaint.. close enough I guess :p

I really like how the colors and the "tissue effect" works together :clap:

I am excited to see what others, can do with the image in general. I don't have PhotoPaint, so I cant even quess at how ya did this, but I think it's way cool :cool: