PDA

View Full Version : Scooter

Mud Mixer Linda
09-29-2001, 06:35 AM
My daughter's dog. Acrylic-bigger than life.

jerryW
09-29-2001, 07:30 AM
puppy love

Fagan
09-29-2001, 11:20 AM
adorable!! I would like to see some variations in the coat color. I like larger than life.

Kathleen-kat
09-29-2001, 11:46 AM
I think it's very good work, the hair is so realistic.
I want to paint my cat in you technique.
Katy

Nathan Reed
09-29-2001, 11:54 AM
Gorgeous.

Mud Mixer Linda
09-29-2001, 02:46 PM
JerryW, Ain't it the best? Finally found a work of yours that would come in. Guests at the table. You're are an all around bold one.
I try, but I guess I'm too timid with the brush. I'm green!

Beverly, Scooter was a pup and so blond and the pic I worked from was a flash. I tried to get more darks and lights, but couldn't seem to get them in the right places, and finally kinda gave up. You're very observant. It was my biggest problem. I used a lot of blue in the shadow and grass. I wish it showed, I liked the effect.

Katy, so, get to it!

Well, thank you, Nathan

bbbilly1326
09-29-2001, 03:40 PM
What a cutie !

Bill

Gavinart
09-29-2001, 04:27 PM
scooter don't take no mess....

I am sure scooter's parents are very happy he is immortalized.....a well done painting with interesting brushwork....the background works very well indeed....

giniaad
09-29-2001, 04:53 PM
it is fluffy puppy love!

very sweet...
I love dogs...
nicely done!
the eyes make this pup come to life!

ginia

jerryW
09-29-2001, 05:38 PM
yes it is a very cute one.
{BTW - all my pix should work now. I moved my site ot a different web host to save 4/5 of the cost and get a higher speed server too! I guess every once in a while we just hafta shake it up!}

mswaine
09-29-2001, 09:14 PM
Too monochromatic. Looks like the brown was just from the mix or tube, not layers with undercolor, building up a richer color.

allanom
09-29-2001, 09:59 PM
I like it. It has a sweet little sensibility about it. Neat pose. Are they birds flying in the sky way the heck back there?!

pampe
09-29-2001, 10:26 PM
woof

yup, cute and cuddly done

I say, "buy a frame"

PAm

Christie
09-30-2001, 11:29 AM
Puppy fur is so difficult to get values in. It is so fine that it is difficult to get the correct placement of shadows and highlights because they really do not show up all that well.

My dogs are tri colour beagles and they were still tough to paint as puppies!

I think you have done a stellar job on this one.

ArtyHelen
10-01-2001, 07:59 AM
Beautiful and oh-so-cute! :)

Helen

Mud Mixer Linda
10-01-2001, 10:37 AM
I'm stunned, thank you all so much. I hope I can make use of the good advice. On a more individual note-
bbbilly-yeah, she is ( in real life)
Gavinart-interesting, I changed the background 3 times, guess I quit while I was ahead.
giniaad-I love eyes, thanks. I always tell myself I'm going to pay as much attention to other details, but I never do.
JerryW-well, I'm goin' huntin' (Ilike the right front foot. I finally got a little looser there. Seems like there's always a few square inches I'm really happy with)
msuaine- You're right. the puppy fluff was the most difficult area for me, and I'll admit I gave up before I was happy with it.
allanom- can't have a sky without um (isn't it a law or something)
pam-well thanks and "ok"
christie- thanks, homework=puppy fluff
Helen-thanks, and she is the sweetest (don't tell anyone but she's my only grandaughter)
thanks, one and all. It's nice to know you won't let me sneak anything by. I appreciate it.