PDA

View Full Version : I think that I'm loosing it!!!


impetuous
09-28-2001, 10:43 PM
It's official, I think that I'm loosing the plot :D My 7 year old is cleaning out her bedroom and has just handed me an empty catering sized baked bean tin and asked me if I want it ...and I said Yes!:rolleyes: In fact, I not only said yes, but was quite thrilled at all the different things that I could do with this tin!
okay, I'm off to play with my tin now! ...plant pot, lamp shade, funky outdoor shower, handbag, giant pencil pot..........

paintfool
09-29-2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by impetuous
...plant pot..........
But, that's illegal!!! :evil:
Cheryl

impetuous
09-29-2001, 06:37 PM
ROFLMAO:D

reynolds
09-29-2001, 07:18 PM
can i come too? i like to lose it and see what happens. sometimes i just find it in a new place. it is fun to use the word id instead of it.:evil:

sassybird
09-30-2001, 09:19 PM
I collect boxes, tins, and old jars. I have a very old Animal Cracker tin that holds some of my brushes.

I have an idea for you. Draw a pattern on it then take an awl if you have muscles or a drill if you are weak like me and put holes all along your pattern. Then use it as an outdoor candle holder.

Wally's Mom
10-01-2001, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by impetuous
It's official, I think that I'm loosing the plot :D My 7 year old is cleaning out her bedroom and has just handed me an empty catering sized baked bean tin and asked me if I want it ...

O.K. nobody else asked, so I will . . .
What was your 7 year old doing with it in the first place ?:p

Seems in this house, that unique and creative uses of unusual items flow both ways between my 11 year old and I.
:rolleyes:

paintfool
10-02-2001, 04:04 AM
I like Sassys' idea but i'd probably do the design as she's suggested and then use it as a fruit bowl for my kitchen table. Endless possibilities... I think i'm getting jealous of you and your bean tin! :D
Cheryl

Leaflin
10-02-2001, 10:21 AM
I like sassys idea too.
But if you grow any pot in it I could use some for medicinal purposes :angel:

impetuous
10-08-2001, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by sassybird
I collect boxes, tins, and old jars. I have a very old Animal Cracker tin that holds some of my brushes.

I have an idea for you. Draw a pattern on it then take an awl if you have muscles or a drill if you are weak like me and put holes all along your pattern. Then use it as an outdoor candle holder.

Sass this is a fab idea. As soon as I saw it I wanted to punch holes in it, my first idea was to put some tiny holes in the bottom and then fix a hose into it and hang it under the outdoor water tower so that the kids could play around with it on hot sunny days. Then I thought about maybe a lampshade, getting some metal cutters and making zig zaggy shapes. But the outdoor candle holder is great, I can even hang it from the tree!

I will post the finished result:)

impetuous
10-08-2001, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Wally's Mom


O.K. nobody else asked, so I will . . .
What was your 7 year old doing with it in the first place ?:p



Hmmm... yes... I suppose it is an odd thing for a 7year old to hoard:) At Hetty's school they have a "making things" session once a week, where the kids get to chop up egg boxes and washing up bottles and generally get covered in glue and sticky tape. Hett's saw this tin and took an instant shine to it (she's her mother's daughter alright!) It's had a myriad of uses since, watse paper bin, pencil box, barbie bath, caterpillar house etc.
...and now it's mine, all mine! :D

impetuous
10-08-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by reynolds
can i come too? i like to lose it and see what happens. sometimes i just find it in a new place. it is fun to use the word id instead of it.:evil:

The more the merrier:D

impetuous
10-08-2001, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by paintfool
Endless possibilities... I think i'm getting jealous of you and your bean tin! :D
Cheryl

No need to be jealous Cheryl, you can go out and buy one of your own:)
...just make sure that you're well ventilated for the 24 hours after consuming all those baked beans !!! :D

impetuous
10-08-2001, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by leaflin
I like sassys idea too.
But if you grow any pot in it I could use some for medicinal purposes :angel:

I have no idea what on earth you mean ;) :evil: :angel: :D :D :D

Lulu
10-09-2001, 05:43 AM
I like the sound of your bean tin too, and I LOVE your sense of humour!!! :D:D I have been watching this thread to find out why your daughter came by this as well;)
Would Hettie like to help me sort out my house before moving - I'm sure I can fill your house for you with 'future endless possibilities':D:D

impetuous
10-09-2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Lulu

Would Hettie like to help me sort out my house before moving - I'm sure I can fill your house for you with 'future endless possibilities':D:D

LOL, I can just see her now, stuffing plastic bags with this and that, cooing Oooo and Arrrrr. She would love it! :)

reynolds
10-13-2001, 04:13 PM
so i have started saving used coffee filters, rinsed of course, as they make great papers for collage after a creative treatment or two or three. i also use onion bags, the plastic net ones, for texture in collage. and just one more thing, tea bags after use but not sure how these will be used. so you have company on this road to "losing it" or is it saving it.:cool:

impetuous
10-14-2001, 09:45 PM
I've used tea bags to stain egg shells, and I had a friend who used to put cold ones on her eyes!!! never thought to use them in art though ...but you could, the more i think about it the more the idea grows on me. Yeah, dry them out and rip them open, spinkling the leaves in spirals patterns... like tea swirls when you stir it, nice green colours underneath like fresh tea shoots...
Whoa....... off on one again !!! :D