PDA

View Full Version : 19 June, 2nd one! Dewdrops on Roses

Charlie's Mum
06-24-2004, 07:22 AM
:music: ..and whiskers on kittens..... :music:

No pussy cats, just the roses and drippy dewdrops!
W/c, about 5x7ins, on a Clairfonteine Aquarelle, cold pressed paper, 140lbs, which seems quite nice but I've only got this small pad so can't tell really!

Less than 2hrs and need to practise those dewdrops - seriously practise them I mean!! :o

I'm all alone here in AMAE forum at the moment - it's lonely!!!!!! :crying:
Thanks for looking - see you all later!

CAULFIELD
06-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Maureen very pretty! I like your color choices, especially in the shadows. Your dewdrops look dimensional - what's there to practice? :clap: Nicole

Heartista
06-24-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm doing the roses, too.

Yours looks quite nice to me...

Also, the dewdrops look OK.

As usual, I think it is much more beautiful in real life (not scanned)...

katju
06-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Very nice, Maureen. :clap: You have handled the watercolor with freshness. The colors are pretty and describe the roses so well... I think if you just make the shadows on one side of the dewdrops darker, they'll be perfect! (It's kind of difficult to describe. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.)

Kathy

Charlie's Mum
06-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Thank you Nicole - you're very generous, but I still need practice! :rolleyes:
Hearista - thank you v. much - I shall be looking for you roses. :)
Kathy - I know exactly what you mean! I was doing that but afraid of making them so heavy they'd roll right off the petals!!!!!!!! Like I say, I need practice (but I'll crack it!) Thanks for your nice comments tho'! :)

hopefulbucky
06-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Maureen, :music: :music: these are a few of my favorite things :music: :music: ;) Love that movie and all those songs.

You have done a beautiful job on your roses. Love the light you have achieved on the right side by darkening the left side and the background leaves. REally wonderful.

ams
06-24-2004, 09:25 PM
These came out very nice. I like the loose style.

Anne

lisilk
06-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Wow, the dewdrops not an issue when you can paint the rest like that. Beautiful technique, colors, detail, the light . Oh heck, love it all ! :clap:

leojacko
06-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi Maureen

lovely ! - if I'd done this I would have been really pleased with it!

Just the thought of painting roses scares me :evil:

re your comments - maybe there are too many dewdrops

Nina

Charlie's Mum
06-26-2004, 12:22 PM
Must get my thank yous in before tonight's WDE!
Hopeful - that's a really nice comment - thank you! :)
Anne, thanks for saying they look loose - I'm always trying to loosen up, often get bogged down! :)
Li, praise indeed! Thank you so much! :)
Nina - thank you - didn't think you'd chicken away from roses!!!!!....and believe it or not, there were umpteen more raindrops on those darn roses - drew the line at painting them tho'!
Looking forward to 'seeing' you all tonight! :D

Drumbeat-trish
06-26-2004, 03:23 PM
fresh and clean and soft -lovely :clap: :clap: :clap:

cmwynn
06-26-2004, 10:33 PM
I have never painted dewdrops (or a good rose, either, for that matter) but think that they do need a little more dark on one side. Try making them in large size, then you will be more confident when painting small ones. Lovely overall.
Connie

sundiver
06-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Oh, this is a little gem! I don't think you're having any trouble with the dewdrops, but in case you're interested, there is a lesson on dewdrops on flowers somewhere, in the Watercolor archives, I think.

dabblerdot
06-27-2004, 03:09 AM
Soft, fresh rose petal pinks, and I love the way the dark areas retreat behind the leaves nearest the roses. You sure got a lot done in such a short time- the drawing alone is so intricate ! Well done !! :clap: