PDA

View Full Version : Vacationing Wife

peoplepainter
06-24-2004, 03:54 AM
First, no it isn't MY husband. Mine is a saint. He is watching me type this. Yes, a true saint...and I am not on vacation (I wish).
He's gone now! Whew! It's still not him!
I painted this just for fun. As most of you know I do a lot of people portraits and also pet portraits but I have never married the two (pun intended).
Thought I would practice with the lighting of the TV as well as another light source (on the right). I was going to blend the whole thing as usual but decided against it.
Still using Painter 8 and my favorite brush. I did have my husband sit in front of the TV (for a change as he is watching again) for a reference.
Hope it will make you smile.

Lisa
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jun-2004/43849-Vacationing.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jun-2004/43849-Vacationingdetail.jpg

bloodjelly
06-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Haha :clap: this is fantastic. I haven't seen the rest of your work but now I'm interested, since this one really appeals to me (on a fun level but on a painterly level as well). Super job on the foreshortening of the legs and getting the pose just right. I like the detail of the bowl and dish, very funny, and the expression on the dog/man ("I'm a Mog - half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend") is teriffic. The only thing that doesn't fit for me is the harsh lines of the bookshelf's shadow. Seems to give too much weight to that side of the cavas. Nice work :)

peoplepainter
06-24-2004, 05:36 AM
Thanks, bloodjelly. You will be disappointed when you see my other work as this is off the beaten path but hey, it's something different.
I'll revisit the bookshelf shadow one day and I appreciate the comments.

Mog. Not bad.

Lisa

bloodjelly
06-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Mog. Not bad.

Lisa
Yep it's from that ever-funny movie Spaceballs.

Woof-a-Doof
06-24-2004, 06:02 AM
It's like looking in the mirror :D
This is one of the funniest, warmest images I have seen in a while. It struck me at funny level. :clap: :clap: Sorry I can't comment on the painting aspect of it---but the content is very much appreciated!!

Elvira
06-24-2004, 06:42 AM
What a fun image and so well executed! I love it LOL.!!!!
Edie

Michael
06-24-2004, 08:55 AM
LOL...Fantastic! :clap:

justjean
06-24-2004, 11:31 AM
ROFL, now that says it all for mankind ( just kidding fellows ) :) :clap: :clap:

Chiers
06-24-2004, 01:01 PM
This is just too cute! :clap:

Yako
06-24-2004, 01:32 PM
No words to say! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jet
06-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Great idea, and masterfully executed...!!

Although , on a subconscious level there must be something that might have triggered this kind of analogy....mmhhm...
............maybe your husband is a fine hound dog after all .. :angel: :D

Funny business :p

Regards

peoplepainter
06-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi all! Glad it made you all smile a little! Thanks for the comments. The funniest thing is happening right now. I am in the "replying to thread" section and I scrolled down to see your comments and all I see are the smiling and clapping smileys. It looks so funny as they are all jumping at the same time and it is making me laugh so hard! You know how when you reply, you get the comments without the other stuff, so the predominant visual is the jumpin' smileys! LOL LOL
I am going to have to find a work that I love and do that...add a bunch of them so when someone replies they will see them all jumping. It is just too funny!

Thanks for making my day...again!

Lisa

Yes, the husband is a hound dog but a good boy.

kbilltv
06-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Love it!

JCoop
06-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Lisa, you're the best! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JulieBoyles
06-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Lisa this is too too funny! :clap: :clap: I love the hands and that lighting is really great! You are so talented!!

Congrats!

Julie

Andrew Rance
06-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Wot no beer?? maybe in the bowl - I see he's got plenty of food. Good job!

CrystalSky
06-25-2004, 10:27 PM
You are very talented...I don't know how you do it :clap:

peoplepainter
06-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Crystal, Andrew, Julie and Joel,
It was really a lot of fun to do! Now I will work on one for the wife...

Lisa

furrtig
06-26-2004, 12:44 PM
that is GREAT!!!!!!!!. I see alot of stuff and almost all of it I say, 'wow...' but yours...yours i say, "I wish i had that hanging in my office!!!!".
thats too good to keep to your self. tell me if you ever offer a print!

bravynn
06-26-2004, 01:29 PM
This is great Lisa!

If my husband saw this, he would say, "yeahhh, but where is the remote"?

here's a little diddy...one time like so many times, my husband fell asleep in his recliner with the remote on top of his chest..I was trying to delicately pick up the remote, and he woke up abruptly snarling like a dog...LOL... b/c I had accidentally pulled one of his chest hairs........yipes

Needless to say, I didn't do it on purpose [though he thought I would stoop so low to do something like that b/c he knew I was mad about something he did]...that's my story, and I'm sticking to it [heck, if I'm mad at him, I don't talk to him for a while...then I DISCUSS it...would never hit him in the head with an iron skillet or pull his chest hair even] :rolleyes: :D

love seeing your paintings Lisa

Barb :)

peoplepainter
06-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Furtig: Thanks! If you are serious, you can print it from the file I posted or just PM me and I can send you a better quality version. You have my permission and my gratitude.
Bravyn: The remote is in HIS right hand! That's a must. I guess we have a small remote (wonder if that means anything). Your story was funny so now I will try the chest hair pulling trick. That ought to get his attention, huh?
Thanks for the comments.