PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Reagan (WIP)

Andrew Rance
06-23-2004, 06:43 PM
I liked Ronald Reagan - I thought he has a good guy. Here is my little tribute to him - not finished, and subject to final application of the smudgematic (which MAY render him unrecognisable), and sorting out the background. Plus a little WIP sequence to show how he was done.

God bless him.

Jet
06-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Excellent idea !!

and...awesome execution.. :clap: ...

Regards

Michael
06-23-2004, 09:48 PM
It is looking real good Andrew, I can't wait to see the finished piece!

themanda
06-23-2004, 10:26 PM
this is shaping up very nicely...i'm eager to see the finished piece.

flowerfancy58
06-24-2004, 01:27 AM
You didn't need to say who it was Andrew, I recognized him immediately:)

Excellent!!

gloria

peoplepainter
06-24-2004, 03:06 AM
Excellent likeness and great work. Can't wait to see the finished work either.

Chiers
06-24-2004, 01:05 PM
I can't say I was much of a Reagan fan as far a being a president but as and individual he was okay. YOur painting is looking great. Be sure to post it when you finish.

JCoop
06-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Andrew, you've got talent to spare! Great likeness!

*Still scratchin' my head over his "tricke down" economics though* :confused:

JulieBoyles
06-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Andrew,

I think this is shaping up to be a wonderful portrait! :clap: :clap: I'm anxious to see the finish. I also enjoyed seeing the progression you went through!

The only thing that sticks out for me is the mole or whatever that dark spot under his nose is. I do remember seeing this in pictures of him but you might want to de-emphasize it just a little bit. Of course this is totally up to you :D . It is just a very small thing on a great portrait.

Congrats,

Julie

Andrew Rance
06-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Well, here's the finish on this - not sure if its a great improvement on the first image I posted (and would be interested to hear your views), but its something like the style I had in mind - loose-ish.

Michael
06-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Andrew,
I think you did very well here. Wonderful job. :clap:

JCoop
06-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Andrew, I love the coloring in the skin... it's very well done! The tie is a winner too. Overall, this portrait is very accomplished!

One thing I'd like to mention is that when you apply your patented "smudgematic", try not to loose those subtle contours that define the face (I'm refering mostly to the viewers right side of the face). Also, you might think about adding a hint of definition to the ears and a bit more in the hair and jacket.

You've done done so much right in this portrait that I feel a little silly, nitpicking. You've spent precious time on this beautiful portrait, and I think I owe you more than a cursory opinion. I really think it's fantastic!