_________

What a long strange trip it's been - GD

Cap
09-28-2001, 05:55 PM
oooh! I like this!

Mud Mixer Linda
09-28-2001, 06:01 PM
thanks cap

sorry i lost the original posts, tried to fix the dark image and lost it all. It is rather dark tho, but not quite as dark as appears.

jerryW
09-28-2001, 06:35 PM
I find anything with a clown, sinister,
at least here it is admitted.
don't burn it.
be cautious about clowns.

Luvy
09-28-2001, 08:56 PM
Wow I love it *S* And Red Skelton and Emmitt Kelly made some big bucks in clown paintings. We have a gallery here of their work.

Ceu
09-28-2001, 10:01 PM
I love it, great feelings come thru this one:)

Mud Mixer Linda
09-28-2001, 10:33 PM
jerryW, sinister is right, don't let them near - they're hidding something.

Luvy, thanks

Ceu, feelings, oh yeah, I've never liked clowns, always thought they were evil, ever since I was a child. A friend of mine loves them and has them all over her house. I painted this for her, but, haven't given it to her yet - maybe I shouldn't.

CarlyHardy
09-29-2001, 12:19 AM
I'm amazed at how many of you don't like clowns...because I've never like them either! And my daughter doesn't like them! (she's 20)
She says its because they hide behind a mask...you can't know if they are really nice and friendly or just made up to look that way.

I think that's exactly what your painting says too. But its not sinister to me...its more like "the outer limits". You can read a story into it. That's what makes for really good art too!
Your rendering is really beautiful...keep up the good work. I'm curious about your inspiration for this one?
carly

Jan-Michael
09-29-2001, 12:34 AM
I love it... Cirque Du Soleil..:) Glad you are here...

Mud Mixer Linda
09-29-2001, 03:56 AM
Carly, Well actually this is one of the few that came from my head-hands-fears? (too many twilight zones) I wanted to do a "cute" clown for my friend and this is how it ended. But if you could see it a little larger, you'd see the sad eyes and mouth. Explanation??? Feelings,nothing more than feelings...

Jan-Michael, Thank you so much. Languages and spelling are my poor suits, maybe.. circus of the soul? Guessing.

Free2bu
09-30-2001, 10:18 AM
I like this although I also think clowns are pretty creepy. Could be worse though, could be marionettes, now THAT would be scary!!!
Nice color, a keeper, not a burner.

jerryW
09-30-2001, 04:18 PM
cirque de soleil is a high profile travelling act that is worth seeing if you can, I have seen them on TV and am amazed.
the emphasis there is acrobats and air dancing, I don't have a connection with cirque de soleil and clowns but Ihave not attended, they may be selling hot dogs - that I would buy and feel funny about later.

Mud Mixer Linda
10-01-2001, 01:11 PM
free2bu- or mimes!

jerryW- I've seen small portions on the tube also. Looks like art instead of starving elephants and tiger beaters. Which is why I thought it might mean circus of the soul or something of that nature. I really have no idea, food head;-)... I really don't like those smile things. It's as if you don't trust the person to be intelligent enough to figure it out for themselves that you're joking with them. You don't get them any more!