PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to WDE 26th June 2004

leojacko
06-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jun-2004/27068-seaside2.jpg

You’re invited to this weekend’s (June 26/04) Weekend Drawing Event!

I’ll be posting various photos from around the harbour & beach in Scarborough - the North Yorkshire holiday town where I live.

You can create your “masterpiece” anytime during the weekend. You have 1/2 hour to choose a photo, and two hours to create your original work of art -- using whatever media you like. You can then post a new thread in the All Media Art Events section - with “WDE” and “June 26” or “6/26” in the title. Don’t worry if you don’t finish your painting in that timeframe – just post what you’ve accomplished so far … you can always update your thread later.

The images will be posted in the All Media Art Events section of the Town Center on Saturday, June 26, 2004 – at the following times:

New York-Sat 4pm, Paris-Sat 10pm, Anchorage-Sat 12pm, Amsterdam-Sat 10pm, New Orleans-Sat 3pm, Vancouver-Sat 1pm, Manila-Sun 4pm, London-Sat 9pm, Halifax-Sat 5 pm, Sydney- Sun 6am, Toronto- Sat 4pm, US Mountain time-Sat 2pm, Helsinki-11pm

Looking forward to hosting !

Nina

dabblerdot
06-23-2004, 12:57 PM
OOOOHHHH !!! Beautiful England !!!! I'm really excited about seeing the area, and can hardly wait till the weekend !! Bring it on !!!!Yeahhh !

dragonlady
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
It will be really nice to have some photos of England to paint for a WDE - a bit more familiar country, although I have to admit I've never been to Scarborough.

JoyL
06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Nina -- sounds interesting! It will be nice to see pictures from England. I really want to participate, but it will have to be during next week, as I am going away this weekend -- thanks again for trading weekends with me.

Signed - another Joy

sundiver
06-23-2004, 05:54 PM
The English seaside- sounds like fun!

lisilk
06-23-2004, 05:58 PM
What a lovely town you live in. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for hosting Nina !

MKathleen
06-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi Nina, wonderful invitation and will look forward to seeing the images you have chosen. We have friends in Chemsford who we plan to visit hopefully next year. They will be coming again to see us in a couple months this will be their second trip. We can't wait to see them!
See you Saturday :D

lorna12
06-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Looks great, Nina! I'm leaving for my son's Sat. afternoon but will join in either late Sat.nite or on Sun. Looking forward to seeing more of your corner of the world!

ajlec2000
06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Looking forward to this. I have lots of turkey left over and will be munching on turkey sandwiches while I work(play)!

leojacko
06-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Pleased that you are all thinking of joining in, doesn't have to be Saturday - I know 'cos I'm always late with my entries. :D

Sometimes I intend to join & then never seem to get the time, but keep the images just in case ..... :angel:

Turkey - nah !

Think of

fish & chips
candy floss
ice cream cornets

crabbie patties ? :D :D :D

Nina

CAULFIELD
06-24-2004, 08:15 AM
Nina - I can't wait. Of course I probably will be late again.

I would love to see your town. It will be nice to see England other than on BBC America! :rolleyes: I'm starting to think everyone is a detective - or wants to be, lol! I'll order the fish & chips if anyone wants to meet me here in New England!
~Nicole :)

artistjrb
06-24-2004, 11:00 AM
This is my first WDE ,am looking foreward to this. :)

leojacko
06-24-2004, 12:19 PM
This is my first WDE ,am looking foreward to this. :)

Welcome artistjrb - I'm sure that you will enjoy WetCanvas & the projects I certainly have been inspired to try many new subjects since I joined & made a lot of cyber friends :)

Nicole - do you know there are oodles of calories in fish & chips ? :evil:

Nina

CAULFIELD
06-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Nicole - do you know there are oodles of calories in fish & chips ? :evil:

Calories? :evil: In the name of art - I'll do almost anything! :p

Charlie's Mum
06-24-2004, 05:46 PM
I'll be there 'cos it's just down the coast from us! Got my bucket and spade and 'cossy' all rolled up in my beach bag :rolleyes: :eek: - that's if the weather improves by then :D

leojacko
06-25-2004, 12:59 AM
I'll be there 'cos it's just down the coast from us! Got my bucket and spade and 'cossy' all rolled up in my beach bag :rolleyes: :eek: - that's if the weather improves by then :D

Great - bring your brolly - you might need it :evil:

artbyjune
06-25-2004, 02:14 PM
A day at the seaside. Just what the doctor ordered.

ajlec2000
06-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Turkey and chips,
turkey floss,
turkey cornets!

FriendCarol
06-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the lovely invitation, and I hope all the guests enjoy the WDE tomorrow. I will try to join sometime this next week.

I never did start on last week's crocuses because I was at the art vendors' trade fair in Boone on Saturday, and have been packing and finishing up around here all week. Tomorrow I'll be in the middle (or, possibly, the end?) of moving. But I would love to paint from a great seaside reference photo, so maybe, if we finish the move tomorrow, I can try to get a start on Sunday.

Fish 'n' chips sounds great to me, too. Or, turkey....

Deano
06-26-2004, 01:46 AM
Sounds like it's the ideal place to hang out for awhile, Nina. But I probably won't be able to join y'all until Sunday. But, join I will as soon as possible.
Deano

leojacko
06-26-2004, 03:15 AM
:music: :D :D :D :music:

see you soon

Nina

Khadres
06-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Wow! One of my favorite areas over there! Woohoo! Count me in, even if I'm late getting to it! Looking forward to the pics! Thanks!

Europa
06-26-2004, 10:54 AM
:music: .....oh I do like to be beside the seaside - oh I do like to be beside the seaaaaaa - oh I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom - where the brass band plays 'tiddly um pom pom' :music:

Yep I'll be there :D

Pat

leojacko
06-26-2004, 12:04 PM
:music: 'tiddly um pom pom' :music:

Yep I'll be there :D

Pat

Great Music, Pat :D

See ya soon, Sooz

Nina

Drumbeat-trish
06-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Turkey and chips,
turkey floss,
turkey cornets!
Now back away from the turkey -you know that stuff just makes you sleepy...

I'll bring vinegar and tomato sauce for the chips

leojacko
06-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Now back away from the turkey -you know that stuff just makes you sleepy...

I'll bring vinegar and tomato sauce for the chips

:D :D :D

VeldaJ
06-26-2004, 03:04 PM
I hope I just may get to join you again this weekend. I'm afraid my husband Rob's been terribly ill. (In hospital for 5 weeks) and he's still not out of the woods yet but we're keeping our fingers crossed and as the consultant said *being quietly optimistic*. So it's been a busy and fraught time. However, see you all later, I hope.

leojacko
06-26-2004, 04:03 PM
I hope I just may get to join you again this weekend. I'm afraid my husband Rob's been terribly ill. (In hospital for 5 weeks) and he's still not out of the woods yet but we're keeping our fingers crossed and as the consultant said *being quietly optimistic*. So it's been a busy and fraught time. However, see you all later, I hope.

Really sorry to hear that Joy - hope that all goes well,

best wishes to you & Rob

Nina