PDA

View Full Version : WDE 6 19 Sunset at Presquile

Chiers
06-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Digital painted for 8'x10" print. About 50 min.

lisilk
06-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Glad you made it Sherry. 50 minutes- I'm impressed. Digital painting is still a mystery to me but I love your sky colors and really like the treament of the foilage. Nicely done.

dabblerdot
06-23-2004, 02:40 AM
Looks like you had a lot of fun sliding the rich colours around !! The tree leaves fascinate me- looks like regular-type-brush strokes to me, and their movement and curves are lovely. I, too, am digi-painting illiterate, but it sure seems like a swift way to make a pretty painting . :clap: :)

lorna12
06-23-2004, 04:25 AM
Beautiful job Sherry, The colors are so lovely and vibrant and that tree is very well done.....like Lauren said just like real brush strokes. I am impressed with what can be done with digi art and you sure did a beauty in a short amount of time! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chiers
06-23-2004, 12:39 PM
lisilk Glad you made it Sherry. 50 minutes- I'm impressed. Digital painting is still a mystery to me but I love your sky colors and really like the treament of the foilage. Nicely done.

Thanks lisilk! I did do on on Sat. in pastel so this is my 2nd for this WDE.

dabblerdot Looks like you had a lot of fun sliding the rich colours around !! The tree leaves fascinate me- looks like regular-type-brush strokes to me, and their movement and curves are lovely. I, too, am digi-painting illiterate, but it sure seems like a swift way to make a pretty painting .

Dabbler, thank you. I must explain though that my digital paintings are not just pushing the pixels around. I do them in the exact same manner as if I was doing an oil painting. Stroke by stroke. I don't use the origional picuture and just move the pixels around. There are many who do that and call it a painting but it is a photo manipulation not a painting!. I never do that. Thanks for looking! :D

lorna12 Beautiful job Sherry, The colors are so lovely and vibrant and that tree is very well done.....like Lauren said just like real brush strokes. I am impressed with what can be done with digi art and you sure did a beauty in a short amount of time!

Thanks so much Lorna. Yes digital painting is lots quicker than traditional usually. This isn't one that I would want to brag about though. I was just having a bad day and needed to do something to get my mind off of it. This was the result. :D

Charlie's Mum
06-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi Sherry, the colours, sky and tree are superb! Water's a little wobbly - but then water is isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
You are good at manipulating that stylus and painting with pixels - and I'm still trying to work out how you get such sensitive colour mixes! :)

Chiers
06-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi Maureen.
Thanks for looking. In digital painting there is a tool called the "color picker, or eyedropper" This can be used to take a sample from an origional photo, or color palette to get a matching color. Sometimes this is accurate, sometimes its not quite what you want so I find that more often than not I choose and or make my colors the same way I would if I were using oil paint. The digital painting program Painter8 even has a mixing palette to mix customised colors on. As a rule though I do most of the mixing right on my canvas the same as I would if I were painting an oil wet on wet. Thanks for asking! :D

sundiver
06-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Mmmm.. love those colors, especially in the sky! What kind of digital brush did you use for the trees?

ajlec2000
06-23-2004, 11:20 PM
The artist oriented programs are getting better and better. I like the "traditional media but not look" you got in this one. Finding the right colors is just as hard if not harder in digital.

Deano
06-23-2004, 11:47 PM
I've been reading along here...thanks for lifting some of the fog in my mind about what takes place in digital painting. Beautiful sky colors...and like the tree foliage.

Chiers
06-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Wendy, AJ, Deano thanks for looking!

Wendy I did the tree with the artists/impressionist brush in Painter 8.

YYcat
06-24-2004, 01:44 AM
It's beautiful done. It is very difficult, digital painting. I love the colors you used, and so fluent, in such a short time. :D :clap: :clap:

hopefulbucky
06-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Sherry wonderful job :clap: :clap: particularly love the colors you achieved for your sunset and the tree is superb. Great effort!

artbyjune
06-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Wonderful job. I love the colours in the sky especially and they are brighter because of the lovely dark foliage.