PDA

View Full Version : WDE - June 19 -- pink roses

JoyL
06-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I guess I better post a painting, huh. First of all -- thank you to everyone who participated this weekend. There's such a wonderful sense of participation from all of you on this site -- all the time -- I wish I could participate more often with you. You really provide a lot of inspiration to me, and I learn so much from viewing the paintings, and reading everyone's comments on other people's paintings.

Here's a painting of some pink roses in my garden. I'm almost done - just a couple of water droplets that I forgot to paint in. I have to admit - it took more than 2 hours (with a lot of interruptions in between). (Watercolour on Arches 9 x 12 block)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2004/37408-joys_pink_roses_small.jpg

Khadres
06-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Oh, I love old-fashioned roses like these! This is a perfect subject for good watercoloring too! Beautiful! Thanks for the pics for the WDE! Lots of variety and fun!

MKathleen
06-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Joy your flowers are beautiful you must have a green thumb and Thank YOU again for being our June 19th Host. All images terrific! :clap:

CAULFIELD
06-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Very nice painting! The droplets are very convincing! :clap:
~Nicole

sundiver
06-22-2004, 08:55 AM
Joy, that is stunning! Absolutely beautiful, don't know what else to say!

dragonlady
06-22-2004, 09:01 AM
This is beautiful. I love the colours and the almost rhythmic feel to the leaves(if you see what I mean). I am always amazed at the control some of you get withe watercolours - I keep having a go but haven't produced anything worthwhile yet, paintings like this make me want to keep trying. Thanks for the lovely pictures.

hopefulbucky
06-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Lovely soft roses. Like the delicate pink that you obtained and your leaves are just great. Very well done.

katju
06-22-2004, 03:58 PM
:clap: :clap: Very pretty, Joy!

Kathy

Charlie's Mum
06-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Lovely Joy - full of light, life and movement. Truly a 'joyous' painting! :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
(I'm in the middle of this same subject, also in wc - my second pic for this week - hope it turns out as well as this!).

dabblerdot
06-22-2004, 07:01 PM
This is a beautiful botanical study !! It's juicy and luscious, and my eye is lead in a dance around the curves of the petals and leaves. Absolutely gorgeous. :clap: :clap: :clap: It reflects an artist that truly loves and knows her subject.
You sure have control over this difficult medium- I flounder around enough to get discouraged, but once in a long while a winner happens and its enough to keep me trying. I'm such a long way from the confidence this painting shows that I sure appreciate seeing 'it CAN be done!'
Thank you for the wonderful photos from which to choose this WDE- again, so very difficult to make a choice !
-Lauren

zardoz
06-22-2004, 08:54 PM
your flowers are beautiful but I am really impressed with the greenery behind them
:clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
06-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Beautiful watercolor study Joy ! The water droplets and those leaves look perfect. Lovely !

Thank you for hosting another very successful WDE and the great selection of photo's. :clap:

Deano
06-22-2004, 11:16 PM
A great amount of control and detail in your painting. The leaves and veins are great. The rose petals are perfection.

Chiers
06-23-2004, 01:31 PM
An absolutely beautiful watercolor. :clap:

YYcat
06-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Beautiful roses, and the leaves are great, It is a painting for me to use for study. :clap: :D
I was not able to participate this week, but checked the great pictures, thank you for them. I saved some for later. :D

artbyjune
06-26-2004, 04:54 AM
I love roses and this is a lovely painting!!
I like that beautiful pink. The foliage is very intricate and must have taken ages and a lot of patience.

It feels like a very happy painting.

Oops, pardon my manners!! Forgot to add...thank you for a great set of photos. I especially loved all the shots of the children and hope to do another one sometime...when I get time, that is.

ams
06-26-2004, 10:07 AM
This is beautiful. I love the shading in the flower petals and the background. I agree with the other comments on what a good water color can look like.

Anne

leojacko
06-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Lovely painting of roses, can almost smell the perfume !

& great piccies for the WDE too. :clap: :clap: :clap:

My printer has been playing up for 2 weeks now & so I printed out a couple in B & W - hope I'll get a chance to try one soon.

Nina