PDA

View Full Version : Late, but first shot at a WDE...6-19-04

Khadres
06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
This was fun, I'll have to admit. Didn't get to try it til today and had a phone call smack in the middle, but as best I can tell, total time pasteling was 1 hr. 45 min. Was afraid to mess with it any more at that point.

9X12 pastel on Wallis (what a relief to get back to Wallis!)...Polychromos and Blockx pastels.

Can't wait to try this again!

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 08:34 PM
wow, beautiful job - everything looks good & time to spare!
~Nicole

lisilk
06-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I'll double that WOW ! :clap: Beautiful painting. Love the cool colors in the rocks and those reflections. Also that tree would stand alone. Terrific !

Celia
06-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Welcome, welcome....... and a fine first effort you've come up with, too..... the piece is simply stunning........ the water, the rocks, the trees, all done with clarity and very believable........ you are going to love the WDE's........

celia

zardoz
06-21-2004, 10:05 PM
WARNING wde's are habit forming

nice picture ,makes me want to try pastels again

Deano
06-21-2004, 10:23 PM
This is the one I chose also. You've done a masterful job with this painting. All the different elements are rendered very well. Love those energetic pastel strokes. :clap: :clap:
PS...Welcome to WDE. :D

hopefulbucky
06-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Great Sooz, wonderful texture on the rocks, very pleasing painting. Welcome to WDE

Crystalline174
06-21-2004, 11:00 PM
That is simply amazing! Good job, Sooz!! :clap:

I love the strokes going through the foliage. I get the feeling of a windy day, with leaves flying off and branches whipping around. The water looks fantastic, too.

Michelle

Khadres
06-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks for all the great comments and the welcome! I had been wanting to give this a try for quite awhile, but Saturdays are often too hectic around here to make it. So I thought I'd give it a shot later when the house was quiet and it WAS fun. It's amazing how much you CAN get done in that amount of time!

I'll be back for sure!

Khadres
06-21-2004, 11:16 PM
This is the one I chose also. You've done a masterful job with this painting. All the different elements are rendered very well. Love those energetic pastel strokes. :clap: :clap:
PS...Welcome to WDE. :D

Deano, that floral is fantastic! Now THAT's something I could never do! It's gorgeous! :clap:

MKathleen
06-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Hi sooz, your never late for a WDE! :D This is such a lovely painting and I'm such an admirer of your pastel work. You know you just can't do one WDE! :D

Kathryn Wilson
06-22-2004, 08:41 AM
See Sooz - it is fun! This is a wonderful little painting - very well done for the 2 hour time frame. Please, please post this in the pastel forum. Lots of folks there would love to see it.

:clap:

dragonlady
06-22-2004, 09:13 AM
I really like this painting. I love the colours of the rocks and the water is very convincing.

katju
06-22-2004, 04:00 PM
So nice to have you join us for WDE! Your painting is incredible!! :clap: :clap:

Kathy

Charlie's Mum
06-22-2004, 04:06 PM
This id great! Love those vigorous, angled pastel strokes - and the colours! :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Khadres
06-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks, Kathy, Kat, Joy, and ... ummm...Kathy2? (Seems to be a popular name!)

This was fun and invigorating...I think partly because it IS "just" an exercise and you figure you're out to maybe try something different and aren't too worried about whether it turns out perfect. Sometimes, that's what it takes for me to get going again...at least it worked this time!

Thanks, again!

sundiver
06-22-2004, 06:48 PM
This was fun and invigorating...I think partly because it IS "just" an exercise and you figure you're out to maybe try something different and aren't too worried about whether it turns out perfect. Thanks, again!

You've described some of the appeal of the WDEs, all right, plus the party atmosphere of a fun group of people all around the world doing the same thing!

Your painting is excellent- you've captured the wild rugged beauty of this area. You feel there's just you and the wilderness.It reminds me of places I have canoed/portaged half a dozen lakes to get to because there was no other way to get there.

dabblerdot
06-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Wow, this just scintillates !! Movement, breezey, sparkly, so many words to describe the lovely moment in time you've captured here !!! Gorgeous greens, and the rock colours are as delightful as unexpected ! Fantastic debut for your first (of many, I hope) WDE (or AMAE) :clap: :clap: :clap:

pjo
06-22-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm so glad you made it to the WDE, aren't they great fun? This is very nice, I like the detail on the rocks, and the water is renderend beautifully.

lorna12
06-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Beautifully done Sooz! Welcome to WDE's the best fun on the internet! I love your rocks and reflections...the water is very well done! Looking forward to seeing your work again here. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chiers
06-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Welcome, and a great result to introduce yourself to your first WDE! :clap: