PDA

View Full Version : Delivering the milk...Taxco

mariposa
09-27-2001, 10:59 PM
Delivering the milk- Taxco -pastel on sanded paper. This was one I was content with but not over the moon. Know the feeling????? Any suggestions on what would have give it that something extra?? Tracy

dornberg
09-28-2001, 12:37 AM
very nice color relation
subtle repetition

except the yellow, which isolates itself to some degree

softening
more placement of strong yellow
more placement of isolated colors
are all possible considerations

fmarsh
09-28-2001, 03:07 AM
I think that you need to get it to pop by increasing the contrast . The background generally has more contrast than has the figure on the horse in the foreground. The LH side of the figure merges into the background, as the tonal qulaity of the wall and the yellow jacket are similiar. On the RH side you can see much greater contrast (& pop) in tone and temperature.<p>

The options are to darken & cool the LH side of the wall coming down the stairs, or darken the figure. My cut would be the first, but try a few options in your PC paint program<p>

Is the fishing still good in Jervis Bay.<p>
Fred

ArtyHelen
09-28-2001, 05:49 AM
Looks wonderful as it is to me!
I love the 'sun-bleached' look that it has.

Helen

Luvy
09-28-2001, 03:57 PM
I love it just as it is *S* One question, can horses really go up stairs? Not being sarcastic I really don't know. I'm assuming that's what he's doing. But I love the colors and the painting *S* :clap:

mariposa
09-28-2001, 04:56 PM
Thanks all for your comments!!!!
Dornberg......I think I see what you mean about softeig the yellow. I tend to gravitate towards brighter colours but wanted this one to feel like early morning:cool:

Fred....I dont know if I could darken that wall as the sun is hitting it pretty hard. I think working with the figure might be the trick. Yes the fishing is still great down here ad the bay is gorgeous today...I might just take a dip later...:clap:

Helen..thanks..that sunbleached look is what I was trying for
:)

Luvy..Thanks for the praise..In Taxco everyone kows how to climb stairs..horses, pigs, chickens!!!! Its a necessity of life;)

Luvy
09-28-2001, 09:12 PM
Wow I never knew that. See you learn about more than art here *S* Pigs and Chickens I could see. horses, now that I'd love to see.