View Full Version : Another Froggie WDE 6/19

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Froggie- Colored Pencil on black Canson paper - 2 1/2" X 3 1/4" - 2 hours

I had too much fun on this one!

~Nicole

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I added a bit more highlight on the hand to make it look less like a foot!

Drumbeat-trish
06-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Both hand and frog really well done - the black paper was an excellent choice -really makes the picture pop !!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
06-21-2004, 02:33 PM
That frog just hops right of the paper. The hand excellent too. Very cool. Well done ! :clap:

cmwynn
06-21-2004, 02:36 PM
I don't use colored pencils and wasn't even aware that you could use black paper, so this is a surprise to me. The drawing is excellent, but the overall effect is more than that.
Connie

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Another gorgeous 'fed-up' frog! (He can't possibly be happy sitting there!) :rolleyes:
Lovely drawing and I like the choice of paper. Without sounding patronising, well done! :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

JoyL
06-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Nicole -- your picture is wonderful!!!! You've done a fine job on "Fred" -- the overall effect on the black background looks amazing! Nice job. :clap:

Charlie's mum -- he wasn't "fed up" -- he just wanted his 15 minutes of fame. (rest assured -- he was safely put back into the water)

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Nicole -- your picture is wonderful!!!! You've done a fine job on "Fred" -- the overall effect on the black background looks amazing! Nice job. :clap:

Charlie's mum -- he wasn't "fed up" -- he just wanted his 15 minutes of fame. (rest assured -- he was safely put back into the water)

Only joking Joy! I'm sure no-one would report you to the Canadian equivalent of the RSPCA!!!!!!!!!
Now, with those spiderdogs, I'm not so sure...............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Nicole - didn't intend 'usurping' your thread, but didn't know where else to reply - please, please, no offense meant - to anyone!!! :o

ams
06-21-2004, 03:47 PM
I love how he came out. It looks as if he is going to hop right off the paper.

Anne

hopefulbucky
06-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Oh, Nicole, this is just so great. Your froggie is wonderful and THE HAND is marvelous. Your background and reflections are marvelous as well. Great job. Knew someone could pull it out on this. :clap: :clap:

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 04:09 PM
tHANKS eVERYONE! That hand was a bear! If you didn't notice - it is now a woman's hand- mine!

I don't use colored pencils and wasn't even aware that you could use black paper, so this is a surprise to me. The drawing is excellent, but the overall effect is more than that.
Connie

Thanks Connie! CP is so much fun on black - it does half the work for you!

Nicole - didn't intend 'usurping' your thread, but didn't know where else to reply - please, please, no offense meant - to anyone!!!

No apologies neccessary - I like hearing people have fun!

Joy - I'm glad you set him free - but even if you didn't I don't think anyone could hold onto that slippery guy for long!

Thanks again everyone - this was too much fun!
Nicole

sundiver
06-21-2004, 04:21 PM
I like everything about this! It's bright and cheerful, humorous, the color just pops, the background says "we're out in Nature", the whole thing!

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 04:59 PM
I like everything about this! It's bright and cheerful, humorous, the color just pops, the background says "we're out in Nature", the whole thing!
Thanks! I did it a bit looser than usual - glad you like it! Nicole :)

Deano
06-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Fine job, Nicole! You've included a good amount of detail in this piece of art. The selection of black paper was great decision. :clap: :clap:

zardoz
06-21-2004, 10:12 PM
wow :clap: :clap: :clap:

Khadres
06-21-2004, 11:59 PM
You should put a caption on this one: "You gonna hurry up and kiss me or WHAT???"

Wonderful! What fun and here he is....immortalized and all! :clap:

CAULFIELD
06-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Thank you Sooz, Deano, & Zardoz!
You should put a caption on this one: "You gonna hurry up and kiss me or WHAT???" Sounds good to me! It does look like it!

~Nicole

dragonlady
06-22-2004, 03:04 PM
This is really nice and the colours just glow on that black paper. He looks as if he's about to jump off the page.

CAULFIELD
06-22-2004, 06:21 PM
tHANKS jOY! - nICOLE

dabblerdot
06-22-2004, 07:09 PM
What a doggone fine fellow is he !! His skin looks moist, he definately looks surprised and perturbed, and the colours just sing :music: :music: Incredible detail in this fine little work- you should be proud of this !!! :clap: :clap:

Chiers
06-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Nichole this is excellant! The black paper was a perfect choice too. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CAULFIELD
06-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks Dabblerdot and Sherry! :) Nicole