PDA

View Full Version : ** Tribute to Albert **

Jet
06-21-2004, 10:29 AM
The top dog of last century, and next year will be 100 years since E=MCC

............................http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2004/27782-Einstein2.jpg

Regards

Michael
06-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Now THIS is cool!

bloodjelly
06-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Really nice job around the eyes. Good portrait. :D

Jet
06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys,
i just didn't know how to go with the eyebrows, because the reference picture was wasy too small, so i just cloned it
...but i'am not satisfied with the eyebrows.....

Thanks for your review

JCoop
06-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Jet, nice work... great job on the hair! Like the texture in the sweater too. Will you be keeping the background white?

peoplepainter
06-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Jet, I really enjoyed seeing this style, sort of watercolory. It's really fantastic. If ou are worried about the eyebrows (thought I like them), you could add a little white fluff on the top of them to give them a little more depth. You know, you could add a few grey hairs to make the eyebrows pop out a little. I bet you could clone a section fo the mustache to do that and rotate them to fit hair growth, or just put in a few hairy strokes and then reduce the opacity of them to give them a watercolor look like the rest of the painting.

Really cool. I like him too. That's a face of character, huh Elvira?

Jet
06-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Thanks RW you can do better i know.thanks for not telling :)

Bloodjelly, i've been trying to do eyes for some time and here i kind of got 'em right but to the fem side..thanks

Joel you got it right the hair is ok and the sweater i did some tricky business there, back ground is on a separate layer which is off here

Lisa, thanks pal.

you were too kind ...i should 've posted it as a WIP really, as it has that unfinished look-i guess-

One thing that bothers me is how it's kind of effeminate all around. i tend to draw these features as if it was a girl, eventhough the little pic was under the layer at all times, i guess i'll incorporate some cheating techniques which i am so fond of when i get stuck like this ... :angel:

Going back to the lab Igor !

Regards

Andrew Rance
06-22-2004, 07:14 AM
That's a very accomplished portrait, Jet! I really like the watercolour effect and the use of tone and hue. More, please!

flowerfancy58
06-22-2004, 09:41 AM
I like it, and the eyebrows too Jet:) Remember, less is more, lol!!

gloria

Jet
06-22-2004, 11:01 AM
I like it, and the eyebrows too Jet:) Remember, less is more, lol!!

gloria
Gloria, thanks for the reminder.....That's the beginners' most common mistake !!

I should've learned already by now, from watching all the nice paintings you all do... :(

**my hand is not entirely convinced yet, and sneaks away by itself while i'm looking away... :mad: :confused: :D

Thanks Gloria
:cool:

Yako
06-22-2004, 11:59 AM
It really looks like Einstein!... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Michael
06-22-2004, 12:19 PM
:music: Here's o you. Uncle Albert... :music:

Jet
06-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks Yako..
..Ok, Michael ...what are you singing today ? , just yesterday you were singing, that banned-word song:
We were at a party
His ear lobe fell in the deep
Someone reached in and grabbed it
It was a rock ******
We were at the beach
Everybody had matching towels
Somebody went under a dock
And there they saw a rock
It wasn't a rock
It was a rock ******

---------------
I went and tried some long due techniques I see some members use in Painter.

I did most of it by using the "cloning" feature, then erased and tried a "clone-smear-blend" and worked alright...then i went and tried large strokes cloning (forehead -screen rightside), stippling cloning (left eye -Scr-Lt), then smudge/blend (right eye -Scr-Rt)....
..I haven't applied any texture-brush combo or overlaid texture yet.

..............before going further this is what i've got..

................................http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Jun-2004/27782-Einstein2awc.jpg

Questions, Comments, Suggestions & Critique are always welcome

....Regards

***After having serious issues with myself, we seem to be kool now .. ;)

Michael
06-22-2004, 07:22 PM
The eyes are looking MUCH MUCH better!!!!

FIr those wondering...the ******* in jorges reply above is.....shhhhh...Don't tell Marti, but it is......

LOBSTER

JCoop
06-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Questions, Comments, Suggestions & Critique are always welcome

Jet this second version is overflowing with potential possibilities. If I were you, I would park my car right here for a while, explore and develop this technique.

Cronious
06-23-2004, 07:00 AM
I am with Joel here.

I love the second one, great technique