PDA

View Full Version : Late wde 19TH June: Silly Sarah!

Fleur
06-21-2004, 06:46 AM
Hi everybody!
Sorry I'm late late late!
Haven't done anything for ages ( actually tried something last week, but didn't get very far and gave up on it as a bad job!!!)
Iwas really attracted by Silly Sarah, so thought I'd give her a bash. Quite fancy doing her in CP one of these days. Who knows, I might get my act together.
What a lovely little girl! She looks so cheeky, but that might be because she's sticking her tongue out of her mouth!!!!
This is graphite on paper. I think I need to go in on the darks even more. About 2 and a half hours, with loads of interruptions!
Take care all!
Fleur
xxx

lisilk
06-21-2004, 06:54 AM
Made me smile right from the thumbnail. Beautifully done ! You captured the playful spirit of this child immediately ! I agree with you, go a little darker still but she's a great drawing ! Well done ! :clap:

sundiver
06-21-2004, 07:58 AM
Oh, she's awesome! Yes, more darks would make it pop, but it looks great already.
Be sure and give us a peek if you decide to do it in cp!

pjo
06-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Beautiful job on this. I love it. Keep going inspite of the interruptions, and repost when you have added the darks you want. Can't wait to see the final version.

Fleur
06-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Hello!
Thanks for kind comments.
Here's an update. At the moment I think that's it, but I might change my mind later! :p

Fleur

ajlec2000
06-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Very well done. Hope to see it as a CP one day. Its a good idea to not get carried away with the darks. Some variation in tone makes for a pleasing and expressive work but don't get the idea that the entire tonal range is necessary for a good pic.
Love these kids and your silly faced Sarah is cute as all get out.

Drumbeat-trish
06-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Adorable :D :D

zardoz
06-21-2004, 02:30 PM
so glad you did this and a fine job too
I fell in love with the photo but kne I could never do it justice

cmwynn
06-21-2004, 02:34 PM
With this kind of ability, you should never stop for long. This is charming and I know I could learn a lot studying your technique.
Connie

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2004, 02:40 PM
So good Fleur - also good to see you back here!
The hair I like particularly but also all the rest! You've captured her so well and I, too, would like to see a cp version - stick with us please!!!!!!!!!!! :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
06-21-2004, 02:41 PM
What a beauty !

dabblerdot
06-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Oh ! This is delightful !!!! You've done a truly remarkable job on a challenging picture- this has turned out so well ! Her hair, her squint, her saucy attitude- all so perfectly captured- makes me have wide smiles just to look at it !! Gotta give you lots of admiration for this work :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JoyL
06-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Fleur -- Sarah looks sooo cute in your sketch. You've done a wonderful job -- I can't wait until she sees it -- she'll love it!! It's a rare quality to be able to sketch people, and you've captured her likeness beautifully. Thanks.

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Great job!! Great likeness, but also captured her spirit! :clap: :clap: Nicole

lorna12
06-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Great job, Fleur.....she adorable! :clap: :clap:

Deano
06-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Very nice graphite portrait, Fleur. You've caught the personality and feeling of fun extremely well. :clap: :clap:

Khadres
06-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Great job! Her mum should be sure to trot this out to show her first real boyfriend, don'tcha think? ;) And yes! DO try this in color! Would be fantastic!

Fleur
06-22-2004, 03:48 AM
Gosh everybody! I'm overwhelmed!!! Thank you so much for all those lovely, positive comments. I must say I found this picture a real challenge and still there are aspects I reckon I could improve on.
Joy, I hope Sarah likes it!!! :)
Charlie's Mum, I'll do my best to stick with you all! I love this forum, it's just that recently I've not been able to get here! :( But Silly Sarah has remotivated me now!
Will definitely giver her a try in CP!
Take care everybody, and "see" ya all at the weekend!!!
Love
Fleur
xxx

dragonlady
06-22-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm late this week but had to say how much I like this drawing. You have captured her cheeky expression so well.