PDA

View Full Version : WDE June19'04 Anticipation

dabblerdot
06-21-2004, 02:27 AM
I'd love to have been with these two when they hit the shore to start exploring !
This is 8x10 oil on canvas board, appears richer/warmer irl due to the photo being taken under cool florescents. Time got away on me, so this is actually about 2.5 hours. I realize why I like paper-based mediums- I can lop off a piece if my planning was wrong ! This way I had to invent the bottom of a boat (I sure hope nobody else knows what they look like either :D :D ) Now off to the great pleasure of seeing everyone else's work !

lisilk
06-21-2004, 06:16 AM
You have captured that moment of anticipation perfectly, coming towards the shore, what will we find ??? The posture of the pup is so perfect that I can almost see the tail wagging. Wonderful bright clean colors. That vest just pops against those greens. Great reflectons in the water and shadows in the boat...which looks good to me too because I don't know what it looks like either.

You should be well pleased with yourself. A wonderful painting ! :clap:

sundiver
06-21-2004, 07:46 AM
That dog is not going to make it all the way to shore before he jumps in! You've got that joyful eager doggie tension nailed, and your title is perfect!
Your boat bottom looks good, too. I love this painting!

pjo
06-21-2004, 08:32 AM
You've managed to make this a lively painting even tho your subjects are in one place. I can really feel the sense of anticipation here. This is just a beautiful, fun painting.

Fleur
06-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Lovely!

ajlec2000
06-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Great picture. The little girl looks enraptured with the scenery and the dog looks ready to catapult. And the boat does look like a boat.

Drumbeat-trish
06-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Oh WOW - this is just SO full of life !!!!! love it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cmwynn
06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Great tension in this. I feel as if I am there.
Connie

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Isn't it amazing how much expression can be generated by back views?
This has such a feeling of movement and anticipation, all without the usual ways one would convey the same (like the wake of the boat etc, I mean!).
The greens of the shore bushes are beautiful and the attitude of Sarah and her dog - magnificent! :) :clap: :clap:

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Great job opening up the composition! It turned out great!
~Nicole

Deano
06-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Extremely nice painting, Dabblerdot. The girl and her buddy are right on. I like the color and energy of the foliage on the bank. I also love the blue of the water and those great green reflections. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Celia
06-21-2004, 10:32 PM
I can just feel the boat jiggling as doggie's tail wag's for all it's worth......... those two are exploring buddies, and can hardly wait to be on shore to start their adventure....... the painting is just great.......... bright, vivid, primary colors, used to illustrate a most exciting time........ well done....... :clap: :clap: :clap:

celia

hopefulbucky
06-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Dab, saw this while I was at work but didn't have time to comment. You did such a great job on this. Love the antipation, the dog looks like he is ready to jump out to go on the adventure, I like your boat, and the little girl, in fact I love everything about this. Great interpretation.

JoyL
06-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Wow! This is an excellent painting. I love your bright colours! You've done a wonderful job on this one. The bottom of the boat is perfect, and the reflection of the colour of the trees in the water looks great. Thanks for a job well done!

Khadres
06-21-2004, 11:46 PM
LOVE the dog! The bottom of the boat looks great to me, but then what do I know about boats? :D I like the whole thing! In oils, no less! Wooo!! :music: