PDA

View Full Version : An Old Chair

bravynn
06-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Here is a painting I did yesterday of an old chair. I used John Singer Sargent's paint of his old chair as a spinoff. I still have a lot to learn, but it's fun in the process. I still need to practice atmospheric perspective. :)

Thank you for looking.

Barbara

peoplepainter
06-21-2004, 04:49 AM
I never thought a simple chair could look so good. Had to sit down to look at that painting! WHooo Hooo. I made a funny.

Michael
06-21-2004, 05:18 PM
I love the texture and use of color here..NICE.

I was already sitting down at my comp when I looked at it...so I guess I am ok :D

Cronious
06-23-2004, 06:37 AM
I love the way you have created texture with your use of colour here.

Great, love it :D

flowerfancy58
06-23-2004, 01:33 PM
This is gorgeous Barb:) I love the bold colors in it!

gloria

bravynn
06-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Thank you all so much for the helpful, and kind comments on my art. I haven't been around much, and felt I needed to thank you. Please consider yourselves personally thanked with this seemingly impersonal note for 'all'.

I love posting my work here, b/c I know I'll get critiques that will help me along, as well as 'atta girls' when I'm hitting the proverbial target, or as close to the bull's eye as I can get as this level of my growing. :)

Without saying this note all over again in my other painting post of, "Portrait of a Lady", and with as much appreciative feeling....

Another big --- THANK YOU to everyone that posted their comments there, too.

Feel like I'm making a speech! LOL!

Lisa, thank you for the compliment of my being a nice looking lady. hehe

JCoop and Lisa, I am an admirer of your portrait paintings, and it means a LOT to me to receive comments like you've given to me about my paintings.

I'll be posting off and on, and I do love to READ....uh, and least we forget the hilarious pictures of 'who are you people' thread. ROFL!

Gloria, thank YOU sweetee! ;-)

xo

Barbara :)

SoniKalien
06-27-2004, 06:35 AM
You forgot to thank your Mum! :eek:

Jet
06-28-2004, 03:08 AM
hhehh..hehh..mmhmmhh..heheh... :rolleyes: :p

I love purple shades.....

:cool: