PDA

View Full Version : WDE 20 June Trees and Tulips

cmwynn
06-20-2004, 10:31 AM
A day late this week, but enjoyed the wonderful photos. Wish I were there. I practiced my drawing with the trees and reflection, graphite on drawing paper, about 45 minutes, 7" x 5.5" Then I painted those luscious bluebery tulips, watercolor, about 1 hour, 9" x 6.5"
Connie

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2004/29839-WDE_20_June_Treesxm.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2004/29839-WDE_20_June_Tulipsxm.jpg

Deano
06-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi, Connie. These WDEs have really increased your speed and skill. Good job on both entries. The graphite is full of great variation in tree spacing, value and texture. The tulip painting has nice wet in wet background, nice saved whites, and each flower has individual treatment. :clap: :clap:

pjo
06-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Connie - these are both very nice, the drawing has a nice looseness to it and good value changes, its very well done. Your watercolor shines, you've managed to keep the white of your paper and it really pops your tulips. The background is colorful, yet soft enough to not detract from the tulips. Wonderful work in such short time too.

hopefulbucky
06-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Connie, great job, two things done. Nice sketching. You have obtained values and depth to your sketch.

I love your blueberry tulips, gorgeous colors and I like your background. Great job! :clap:

sundiver
06-20-2004, 01:07 PM
I like both of these, especially the tulips; beautiful use of color!

Drumbeat-trish
06-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Nice work Connie - your sketch has a nice feel to it. Those tulips look lucious (they tempted me too) those whites really stand out :)

lisilk
06-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Wonderful job on both of your pieces. I like the loose sketch, nice range of values. Those tulips are yummy and I love the wet in wet background colors. Well done speedy !

cmwynn
06-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments. WDEs are always fun, sometimes comes out better than others, but that is true for slow, carefully done paintings too.
Connie

Charlie's Mum
06-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey, well done Connie - you certainly work quickly!
Nice drawing and lovely wet-in-wet on the tulip bk/gd. :)

dabblerdot
06-21-2004, 02:48 AM
You sure make good use of your time, Connie ! To complete one piece of work in two hours is pretty darn good, but two really nice works- well, very impressive indeed ! Love the great tonal balance in the graphite sketch, and good on ya for working on reflections (I need to take a page from that book !) but OH !! your wet-in-wet background on the tulips is absolutely delicious ! And you preserved your whites beautifully. :clap: :clap: :clap:

watercolorbill
06-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Both Well done Connie. Your pencil work is very nice, and the Tulips so nice and fresh

ajlec2000
06-21-2004, 11:29 AM
I have come to truely look forward to your WDE contributions each week. Its encouraging to see what you've accomplished. This week is no exception. You finished 2 works while I have trouble just finishing one. And your watercolors are coming along great. Everybody is right. Your tulips are a perfect example of the impact saved white has in a wc. Looking forward to next week.

Khadres
06-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Both these are really nice! Sometimes a pencil sketch can capture mood better than color and I think you've done that here!

The tulips are lovely too! Nice, nice work!

artbyjune
06-26-2004, 05:42 AM
I love both pictures. The pencil sketch, because the watery reflections are very good. And the tulips, because they are so striking, with the white and dark purple, against the hazy background.
:clap: