PDA

View Full Version : Snow What-no dwarfs

peoplepainter
06-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi! Thought I would post this before the forum gets split and I goof up where I should post.
This is just some woman out of my head. No references on this. Practicing shades of white, a new brush for texture on the sweater, and skin texture.
No tracing. ;) Nothing to trace.
Painter 8 and PS 7 for blur once again.
Now that I look at it all I see is boobs. Oh well.
Full image below. Thumbnail detail at the bottom.

Have a great day!

Lisa

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2004/43849-Snowwhatfull.jpg

Woof-a-Doof
06-20-2004, 08:20 AM
This is just some woman out of my head.

What a coincidence, it looks like the same woman in my head! :clap: :clap:
I think she is glorious!
She has boobs? Ahhh yes, she does have boobs........well, it aint like boobs are a bad thing

JCoop
06-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Lisa, this is another stunner! The colors and tones in the sweater are just amazing! The hair is breathtaking and the eyes glow wonderfully... The background is lovely... I'm even in love with the tree! :clap:

Once huge problem though... she gazing at me like I'm a porkchop... like she can't look away!... I can't seem to brake my gaze either. Could we have some privacy?... this could be the start of something beautiful! :eek: I think I'll call her Natasha.

Chiers
06-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Beautiful painting! :clap:

Since this is a generic lady I will make a comment I wouldn't say if she was real. She is pretty.....but.....for some reason, I know not why, there is something very masculine about her face. Kinda like a female impersonater. some of them are really beautiful, but still you can tell they are a man.

Your painting of her however is wonderful.

Michael
06-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Wonderful texture and shading...you have done an excellent job here!!!

themanda
06-20-2004, 01:04 PM
lisa, this is wonderful. i love how you've done the mouth...i have a hard time balancing the difference between a natural highlight or a hard, gloss highlight.

male impersonator or not (i can see what you mean, sherry. only after you pointed it out, but there is a masculine quality there) i wish i looked like that. :)

Michael
06-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Well Amanda..Do that self portrait from the front!

JCoop
06-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Kinda like a female impersonater. some of them are really beautiful, but still you can tell they are a man.

Isn't that how it always goes?... Alas, I guess it wasn't meant to be. ...She's all yours Michael. :)

peoplepainter
06-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks friends.

Maybe I have some "wish I was drawing a man" complex going on here. Dunno. I'll use a ref from now on. :)

JCoop, again, making me laugh.

SoniKalien
06-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Lisa your stuff is awsome!
:clap:
How big was the original resolution? What tools did you use in Painter? How long did it take? Can you teach me? :D

peoplepainter
06-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Sonikalien: I used the oil pastel brush which I modified a little. I also used the blur tool on the face. For the background I used the gaussian blur in PS 7 because it takes less time than the blur tool in Painter.
It took a while because I couldn't figure out what to do with the background. I tried about 5 different backgrounds. All in all I think it took around 15 hours + or -.
You can see how I did something similar if you go to:Steps to do a digital portrait (http://www.oberfinearts.com/Steps.html)

Hope that helps. As always, feel free to ask anything.

Thanks for the compliments.

Lisa

Jet
06-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Once huge problem though... she gazing at me like I'm a porkchop... like she can't look away!... I can't seem to brake my gaze either. Could we have some privacy?... this could be the start of something beautiful! :eek: I think I'll call her Natasha.

I always knew there was something 'strange' in that "too gentleman" attitude....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2004/27782-eusa_whistle.gif

---------------------

Lisa,
very nicely done, it's a great portrait.

Hi! Thought I would post this before the forum gets split and I goof up where I should post.

Darling,
I sure hope it doesn't split into masculine and feminine too, or the choice will be close to impossible !!!
:D

:angel:
dityily?

Yako
06-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Really good! I find it takes a great deal of experience to do something like that! it's really difficult to do something like that without any reference!

I'd like to be as thin as she is. (That reminds me that....next Monday i'll start dieting again! :rolleyes: :D )

flowerfancy58
06-21-2004, 09:54 AM
This is great Lisa:) Love that hair!

gloria

Cronious
06-23-2004, 06:35 AM
Lisa,

I think she looks great. You have bought your artistic quality to this image.

Great :D

kptad2
06-23-2004, 01:57 PM
great job here.. :D he/she is wonderful to look at ..
im constantly in awe of your work and joels work.. i love the texture in her/him(s) :D sweater.. and the hair is wonderful too.. :clap: :D

peoplepainter
06-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Thank you Kim! I love Joel's work as well.