PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint - Alpine spring - Critique please

scrumsrus
06-20-2004, 02:06 AM
:mad: I had a mad moment :mad: and thought I would try to produce a landscape using just MS Paint. :rolleyes:

So what do you think ??? :mad:

Jet
06-20-2004, 02:12 AM
:mad: I had a mad moment :mad: and thought I would try to produce a landscape using just MS Paint. :rolleyes:

So what do you think ??? :mad:
:confused: i'm scared, and afraid to say something wrong... :(

i like it...but...well i'll let others take the blame.... :D

Kool
:cool:

Woof-a-Doof
06-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Chop wood....Carry water

Are you using MS Paint as your only Art Application? Do you have other programs and this is an exercise for you? I find it difficult to comment on the image while I am stumped about the application that created it. More accurately, why MS-Paint?

Chop wood....Carry water I say this because I was instantly reminded of a book with that title. Then the title spoke of the patience it must have taken. Then I went off into the whole "MS-Paint" thing :D

Your effort is noble, and I think it's value lies in the patience and tenacity shown in your piece. Those same qualities will help you enormiously, anywhere along the journey.

Chop wood....Carry water....Because it's what we do.

scrumsrus
06-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Chop wood....Carry water

Are you using MS Paint as your only Art Application? Do you have other programs and this is an exercise for you? I find it difficult to comment on the image while I am stumped about the application that created it. More accurately, why MS-Paint?

Yes I am. No certainly not. MS-Paint ? because it is the only Art Application I have, simple really. I have as yet not spent any $$$ on an Art Application as I have just taken up Art and untill now I have not had any, need, requirement, use for such a programe. I have been trying to see what I could achieve with this limited programe partly because it saves on my paint and my wife does not moan about the mess when I "produce a piece" using MS-Paint. I have 3 Landscapes which I have painted using Acrylics but I have not been able to get any Critique on these as yet because I have not been able to Digitise them yet, I don't have that problem with MS-Paint. lol I know the program is rubbish but you use the tools you have available, don't you ? ? ?

Your effort is noble, and I think it's value lies in the patience and tenacity shown in your piece. Those same qualities will help you enormiously, anywhere along the journey.

Chop wood....Carry water....Because it's what we do.

:( :confused: I think I get it ! ! ! But I'm not sure :rolleyes: :o

Regards
Andy s

Michael
06-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Andy,

I got to agree with the woofer here, I am amazed that you do this in MSP.

I would not know where to begin, only that if you ended up getting PS Elements or something, and put the same patience into a piece with that programe it would be amazing!!

Great job!

MSP...WOW!!!!! :clap:

Chiers
06-20-2004, 01:46 PM
My very first digital painting was done in paint. Also I have seen some truly amazing paintings done with it. None of which were mine. lol Might I suggest that if you want to go further with digital painting you try out one of the free painting programs. My first suggestion would be Pixia, a free d/l and a wonderful program.
HERE (http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/)

Woof-a-Doof
06-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Yes I am. No certainly not. MS-Paint ? because it is the only Art Application I have, simple really. I have as yet not spent any $$$ on an Art Application as I have just taken up Art and untill now I have not had any, need, requirement, use for such a programe. I have been trying to see what I could achieve with this limited programe partly because it saves on my paint and my wife does not moan about the mess when I "produce a piece" using MS-Paint. I have 3 Landscapes which I have painted using Acrylics but I have not been able to get any Critique on these as yet because I have not been able to Digitise them yet, I don't have that problem with MS-Paint. lol I know the program is rubbish but you use the tools you have available, don't you ? ? ?

Regards
Andy s

Absolutely! Use what is availiable! I didnt want to make any assumption and then make a statement. I think that if you continue working with MS-Paint. What you learn/gain from the experience will throw you leaps and bounds ahead once you begin getting into what ever realm of Digital Art you descide to venture into!

I had a girlfriend once who had issue with $$$ I spent on programs and the time I devoted to what I do....she had to go! I got a good one now, that supports my efforts, and it sounds like you have one also. Keep doing what your doing! Show your wife your works, show here the works that are done here....who knows, pretty soon, she may just up and get you the program ya need. Loved ones are funny like that!