PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Joy

hopefulbucky
06-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Thank you so much Joy for sharing a part of your life with all of us in photos. All of you look like you are having such a wonderful time. The best memories my children have are when we went camping which was every summer. They had adventures and roughed it, were wet, dirty and happy. Such good times.

Your photos are fantastic. So many to chose from, they were all lovely. Will be interested to see how some folks tackle some of them.

Thank you again for hosting and sharing.

JoyL
06-19-2004, 09:17 PM
That's so nice of you to comment, Judy. I'm glad you liked the photos. I am really excited to see everyone's interpretation of them.

You know ... I was thinking of perhaps buying a hard-top trailer to go camping in, but when I mentioned it to my daughters, they said they like camping in actual tents, and want to keep on doing so. No problem with me ... I'll save some money and have a better time in the long run!

Drumbeat-trish
06-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Yes thank-you Joy - a wonderful collection of photos -and I just love your kids, so bubbly and photogenic :) :)

lisilk
06-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Joy, thank you for taking the time and effort to share your lovely family and photo's with us. Wonderful images ! :clap:

sundiver
06-19-2004, 10:50 PM
I especially enjoyed the photos of beautigul Algonquin Park.
Thanks for a terrific WDE, and also thanks for signing up to host again!

Deano
06-19-2004, 11:31 PM
I would like to say thank you, Joy, for the beautiful selection of photographs to choose from. Wonderful scenery and wonderful family. :clap: :clap:

lorna12
06-20-2004, 01:30 AM
The kids and I had a great time on our camping trip with you....thankyou for having us. We sure enjoyed the scenery and the people!

All the photos were wonderful and I am off to try another one right now. Are these images available for any use as if in the RIL?

lisilk
06-20-2004, 05:18 PM
ker- bump !

katju
06-20-2004, 10:00 PM
thank you, Joy. It was a lovely weekend.

Kathy

ajlec2000
06-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Thanks Joy. DT is right, you have very photogenic kids. Codi was screaming "pencils" even if she didn't know it. May come back and draw them both.

theIsland
06-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Thank you, Joy, for the great collection of photos. Your children are beautiful! I had another art deadline this weekend, so I couldn't do fun stuff like the WDE, but I'll still try to make time this week for a late entry.

Noma

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks Joy for the great photos. I painted your little froggie and had so much fun. This is not at all like what I usually would draw if it were not for the WDE!

~Nicole

Charlie's Mum
06-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Must second, third, fourth etc all the above Joy.!
It's lovely to meet the families of friends in WDE, and even get them participating like Lorna's grandkids - it's great. Thank you :D

JoyL
06-21-2004, 05:02 PM
It was a great experience to host a WDE weekend -- from searching & gathering up the photos, to sending out the invitation (nervousness - "will I be ready on Saturday?"), deciding what order to post the photos, making sure there is enough photos (I understand now I could have posted fewer), actually posting the photos (took longer than I thought it would), then waiting for replies and finished projects ...

... and I was THRILLED with the finished products!! All of you are AMAZING artists! I LOVE everyone's interpretation of the pictures. Thanks for making us feel part of your talented group. As my daughters would put it -- "WetCanvas ROCKS!!!"
To answer Lorna's question - yes, feel free to use any photos as if they were the in the library. In fact, I'll post some up there shortly. Just one request - if anyone paints Codi or Sarah, please let me know -- they'd love to have a print out of the finished product for their room.

Talk to you soon!