PDA

View Full Version : WDE 6-19-04 Pink Roses, CP,WIP

Celia
06-19-2004, 08:48 PM
This is Prismacolor on Strathmore Artagain black, 9"x6".......... and I've been working on it for abou 2 and 3/4 hours........ not at one time....... I've had to take breaks......... comments and critiques are always encouraged....... I'm loving the WDE, and savoring every pencil stroke, as it may be a few weeks before I can get back to it again....... rotator cuff surgery on Tuesday morning is the plan......... I can hardly draw for for than a few minutes at a time now without a lot of pain........ I'm hoping for a quick recovery.......... I'll post updates as I can...........

celia

hopefulbucky
06-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Oh Celia, this is coming along so beautifully. So sorry about your upcoming surgery, know a torn rotator is very painful. Hope you can get back soon to painting.

I am sure you plan to put more darks in these gorgeous flowers to make them pop. You have made them look so delicate and lovely. Marvelous job.

Drumbeat-trish
06-19-2004, 09:33 PM
so soft and delicate Celia - this is going to be a real winner :clap: :clap: :clap: Best of luck with your surgery - we will miss you -and wishing you a quick recovery- you will be so relieved to be free of the pain ( after the initial healing of course)

sundiver
06-19-2004, 09:41 PM
When I saw that photo, I thought, perfect for cps...but not in two hours! :D
Then I saw your title and thought, oh boy, this is gonna be great!
And on black paper-even better. This is coming along really well and is going to be a stunner.
Best wishes on your surgery and I hope to see you back and pain-free very soon!

lisilk
06-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Pretty, pretty, pretty ! ( Love the leaves esp. ) Take care of your hand !

Celia
06-19-2004, 10:21 PM
A few more layers and the roses have a little more depth......... thank you so much for the kind wishes and comments........ I'm still not finished, but have to take another break for a while I'll be back in the morning.....

celia

Celia
06-19-2004, 10:29 PM
and here's the upload......

celia

MKathleen
06-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Lovely floral work Ceila and will keep good thoughts for your upcoming surgery. :)

Deano
06-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Hi, Celia. The light is turning on in your roses. They're really looking mighty fine. We'll miss your beautful contributions on WDE. Wishing you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. Hurry back to us.

pjo
06-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Celia, this is beautiful! I just love the softness of the flowers against the background, you've executed this wonderfully. I'll be praying for your surgery and a quick recovery. Take your recovery slow and easy, its a gradual process. I will look forward to hearing how you are doing and seeing you participate again.

lorna12
06-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Eeeewwww, that sounds so painful!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jun-2004/11613-Junes_animations_024.jpg but very gentle ones. We'll miss you and hope you recover soon and come back all healed and rarin' to go.

I love how your flowers are coming....the pink is beautiful on the black, so soft and delicate....lovely!

Celia
06-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I've put more layers on and burnished these roses with Color Shapers..... I'll call it quits for now......... I've got a couple of pieces I want to work on before I go into the hospital on Tuesday.........

Thanks so much, from the bottom of my heart, for all of the good wishes sent my way, and the prayers being offered in my behalf........ I humbly, yet proudly, say that this is the most kind and caring group of individuals I can imagine....... worldwide......... and most giving........... Thank you, Thank you........

celia

cmwynn
06-20-2004, 03:30 PM
That lovely shade of rose just glows against the black background. Glad you were able to finish it before surgery. I have had shoulder surgery, too. Simple surgery, very long recovery. There are so many muscles involved. Keep at the therapy, gently though. Best wishes.
Connie

Charlie's Mum
06-20-2004, 04:29 PM
This is lovely Celia - very delicate (it's my next pic, starting tomorrow). Hope I make as good a job of it as this. :)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Will be thinking of you - good luck with the surgery and the rehabilitation - and hope the pain disappears v. quickly. God Bless. :)

dabblerdot
06-21-2004, 03:13 AM
Wowsa !! These beautiful roses are just sitting there like two jewels on the black background- absolutely lovely !
I too am sending warm wishes for a perfect and quick-as-possible recovery in the weeks to come.
Ummmm, not to be a slave driver, but once you are progressing ain your healing, have you considered using your other hand to perhaps push some graphite around on paper ? It may be a great opportunity to expand on you capabilities on the other side of the brain. Apparently we percieve things slightly differently when using the non-dominant side. Hmmmm, maybe we should have an "empathy" WDE in your honour, and all try to paint with our other hands !

lisilk
06-21-2004, 03:28 AM
Celia,

I'm glad I opened this thread again because I had not seen the update. Such clarity and depth in those beautiful flowers. A very elegant drawing, beautifully executed !

To echo what Dabblerdot just wrote, I broke my painting hand very badly several years ago. It did not set right and they had to break it again. ( Not a good thing. ) During that time I started using my other hand. In the beginning it was dreadful but it really pushed me to look at the way I form ideas and execute them in a different light. It's a great way to exercise your brain and quell the boredom at the same time. I can now paint with both hands by the way but don't ask me to sign a check with my left hand ! LOL. Just food for thought.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Khadres
06-22-2004, 12:53 AM
I am always in awe of you folks who make colored PENCILS sing like this! And on BLACK no less! This is beautiful work! Here's hoping your surgery goes well and has you drawing again without pain very very soon!

YYcat
06-22-2004, 01:46 AM
The roses are beautiful, and I hope you will recover soon.

Celia
06-22-2004, 04:31 AM
Hopefulbucky (I love that name) thanks for the wishes.... I'm going to do my best to do what I have to to recover well........

Drumbeat Trish..... I know that the pain will be worse initially, but eventually will improve...... that's the carrot I'm reaching for.......... thanks for the kind words......

Sundiver......... I hope to be back soon........ therapy isn't supposed to start for four weeks, but I've had suggestions to try drawing left handed..... maybe I'll give it a whirl......... thank you so much........

MKathleen......... keep those thoughts...... I'm going in on an outpatient basis (I can hardly believe it), so should be home late this afternoon if all goes well......... I appreciate your oh so kind words..........

Deano........ I've had a hip replacement, and a knee replacement, and have been told that this shoulder surgery is a longer recovery than either of those........ but, I'm going to be back here as soon as I possibly can....... maybe I'll lurk for a while............ thank you so much for your concern......

pjo......... I'm going to do whatever it takes to do it right......... slow or not........ it's not worth the risk to rush it..........thanks.........a bunch.......

Lorna......... thank you for the compliments......... and I will be back just as soon as I can put pencil to paper with Doctor's approval...........

Connie....... thanks for the expert advice...... I'll take heed......... and thanks for the compliments on the drawing too...........

Charlie's Mum........ you are so sweet....... I appreciate your kindness...... and I'll be in touch in any case......... I can hunt and peck with my left hand........

DabblerDot.......... I'm going to seriously try the left handed thing....... it might just be interesting......... I'm as awkward as can be with my left hand, but should try to get some coordination going there anyway...... thank you so much for the suggestions..........

lisilk............ I'm glad to hear of someone who has been able to develop some kind of control with their UNdominant hand....... it's going to be interesting.......... and I thank you so much for your interest and kind tips............

Khadres......... I have concentrated on colored pencils along with my graphite since I discovered that I am terribly sensitive to the dust from soft pastels......... I just got some oil pastels which I am just barely trying, but really miss those soft pastels......... thanks for the kind words..........

yycat.......... thank you very much......... I am still learning, having just picked up the colored pencils about a month ago........

Well........ I'm supposed to check into the hospital in about 4 1/2 hours..... maybe I'll try to get a little sleep............. I'll be back as soon as I can........

Thank you all.........

celia

CAULFIELD
06-22-2004, 09:59 AM
I thought I already commented on this one! Your flowers turned out very well - you made them look dimensional & I like the strokes you are using! Isn't black paper fun!

I hope everything is going well and look forward to hearing from you when you're back!

I just started out in cp too and really like them. Mostly because I'm sloppy and colored pencils don't smear. I would love to try pastels but fear there would be more on me than the paper! Hope to see you in the cp forum more as well!

Nicole