PDA

View Full Version : rocks and trees WDE June 18

sundiver
06-19-2004, 08:40 PM
This rather gloomy scene appealed to me. It's oil pastel 6x8, using only purples, blues and greens, on a black background. One hour.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2004/6393-WDEjune18cliff.jpg

Deano
06-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey, Wendy, I really like this. Looks like a beautiful moonlight scene at the lake. I used to night fish for bass just a few years ago, so I spent a lot of time admiring views just like this. Great job. :clap: :clap: :clap:

hopefulbucky
06-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Wendy, this is so very well done. Just one hour? Amazing. Love what you have accomplished with such few colors. But you have conveyed the mood you were going for. Your rocks are extremely well done and those pines are perfect. Great job!

Celia
06-19-2004, 09:05 PM
I am a lover of pine trees.......... and I truly love these........ you have done a fabulous job with the little baby pines ........ I can feel their soft needles and smell their wonderful fragrance....... the color palette which you chose is rich and bold, and is perfect for this painting....... a lovely piece....

celia

Drumbeat-trish
06-19-2004, 09:21 PM
You just can't leave those rocks alone can you Wendy ;) you sure nailed them this time -this is soooooo beautiful - such a feeling of peace as the night comes - good choice on using the purples on the black :clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
06-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Just before sunset. beautifully executed, love the rocks and shore line. The palette is beautiful, as is the painting. :clap:

pjo
06-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Is this pastels, softies or oils? If so you should cross post in the "lets get moody" project. This has a lovely feel to it. I do feel like its a moonlit evening like Deano.

Oops, I just noticed you stated this is oil pastels.

lorna12
06-20-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh do I ever like this!!! The moodiness.... the colors are a great choice.....the rocks, shoreline and reflections are so well done.....It's just wonderful, Wendy!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

sundiver
06-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks, all, for your encouragement! Today I'm wondering if it isn't a little cold... maybe I should warm up those rocks a bit. Whatcha think?

Is this pastels, softies or oils? If so you should cross post in the "lets get moody" project.
Pj, I was thinking exactly that while I was doing it, and I will! :)

cmwynn
06-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Nothing gloomy about this. Serene, almost warm colors. I do like it.
Connie

Charlie's Mum
06-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi Wendy, I really like your use of colour - think I'd recognise your work anywhere! Those purples just sing out! :)
Might be a gloomy scene but nothing gloomy about your pic. - lovely! :)
That blue night sky behind the pines is sooooooo right. :clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
06-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks, all, for your encouragement! Today I'm wondering if it isn't a little cold... maybe I should warm up those rocks a bit. Whatcha think?

Pj, I was thinking exactly that while I was doing it, and I will! :)

I like it the way it is Wendy. Those cool colors set the mood perfectly.

katju
06-20-2004, 05:07 PM
You've captured a certain mysterious mood with the limited palette. I think you should leave it alone. It's very nice. Makes me want to :clap:

Kathy

guilliame
06-20-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey sundiver,you nailed this one,perfect moonlight night :clap: i would leave it it doesn't need warming up :)

watercolorbill
06-21-2004, 06:27 AM
Beautiful Wendy! I love the colors you chose. Soooooooo Monet :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fleur
06-21-2004, 10:58 AM
WOW! This is great!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ajlec2000
06-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Very good work. I'm very impressed by the rocks and the trees on the right.
Whenever you have doubts about making changes load a copy of the image into a graphics program with a layers capability and add layer. Make changes on that layer. You can use multple layers for various changes and turn them off to view each change individually or turn them together to view cumulative effects. Then if you decide on a change you can go do it IRL.

dabblerdot
06-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I've been out working in the hot, hot sun, and your painting is the place where I want to be this evening- serene wooded shore, cool water to swim in, peace and serenity all around. I LOVE this painting, there's nothing gloomy here ! Beautiful, totally beautiful. :clap: :clap: :clap: And with such a limited palette- this is perfect just the way it is- don't touch it !! (Apologies, I'm getting bossy again :rolleyes: )

CAULFIELD
06-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Very pretty - wish I could see it a little bigger! Good job too with a limited pallette - it really works!

Nicole

Khadres
06-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Whoa! How neat! Love this...you guys are making those oilies really sing! Great job! I'll have to keep trying the OPs, I guess, but I can't get anything presentable with 'em yet! This is wonderful! :clap:

Bertoni
06-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Wendy:
Dynamite color combo. Perfect as it is. Don't think it needs warm colors!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

YYcat
06-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Beautiful dark woods, excellant painting :D :clap: :clap:

ams
06-24-2004, 09:16 PM
I like it just the way it is. Beautiful!

Anne

artbyjune
06-26-2004, 04:43 AM
Marvellous effect with the black paper and limited palette!! I love it. Mysterious feeling. :cool: