PDA

View Full Version : WDE 6 19 Froggie

Chiers
06-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Well as usual I lost track of the time but it was pretty close to the two hr. limit I'm sure. It's a beautiful day here so I got out the soft pastels and sat outside to do this. My results weren't great but it was fun to do.
9x12 soft pastel

Europa
06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Like Judy with her frog - I think you are being too hard on yourself - I think you did a great job - well done. :clap: :clap:

Pat

lisilk
06-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Looks pretty great to me ! ( I wouldn't paint a hand up close and personal if my life depended on it. LOL. Okay, maybe only when..)

I like your froggie , he has lots of personality, your colors crisp and clean. Very nice painting !

JoyL
06-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Your froggie looks great! I like all the details & colour tones you've put into him. I think this was a tough photo to paint, because he was a little out of shape to begin with, so he wasn't your typical frog shape. What a beautiful colour on that lake - what colour is it?

Andrew Rance
06-19-2004, 08:00 PM
That was a very difficult subject, IMHO, and you have done very creditable job. It has been a nice day here too (longest day of the year, 18hrs of daylight I think).

hopefulbucky
06-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Sherry, I think you did a wonderful job on Mr. Frog. As soon as I opened it he made me smile. Your colors and feel to him are great. Very very nice job. :clap: :clap:

Deano
06-19-2004, 08:11 PM
That is a very sincere frog. Believeable, that is. Nice job all around.

Chiers
06-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Ohhh, you are all so kind! Thank you. :D Regardless of the result anyway doing this outside was perfect. (the only place for me to do soft pastels)

Joy, I wish I could tell you what color the blue is but I have no idea. I have a couple of sets of sp that I aquired years ago and now they are all mixed up in another container. Heck, I don't even know if they ever had a name for the colors.

Celia
06-19-2004, 09:10 PM
I like your froggie......... would you hold one like that in real life?........ anyway, the pastels were a good choice for this image............. very nice....

celia

Drumbeat-trish
06-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Personality plus -love him :D :D

sundiver
06-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah, he's great! I could see him superimposed on something incongruous, like clambering over a skyscraper as Frogzilla, or on the queen's head instead of a crown... something to match his expression!

pjo
06-20-2004, 12:21 AM
He looks like he is smiling to me. Very nice froggy or is he a toad? I thought frogs were smoother and toads are bumpier.

lorna12
06-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Sherry this is great! Tough one to do, both the hand and the frog and I think you handled them very well. Nice job on the bkgrd, too. No way could I have done this in pastels!

cmwynn
06-20-2004, 11:02 AM
The frog has real personality. One thing that jumps out is the thumbnail - you might soften that to match the rest. Otherwise, it is a fine job.
Connie

Charlie's Mum
06-20-2004, 05:07 PM
"Hrumph! Do I have to sit here ALL day? Get on with it ............ please!. A chap can only sit for so long y'know".

Every picture tells a story...............
Cute and lovely! :)