PDA

View Full Version : My Grandkids 1st WDE

lorna12
06-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Hi gang,

Meet my grandkids....this is their 1st WDE and I think they had fun! :D and they did these with very little help from me...just a light sketch on Emilia's.

Kaitlyn age 11 Tempura paint on w/c paper 12 X 16 1.5 hrs.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2004/11613-Kaitlyns_pic.jpg

Clinton age 9 Tempura paint on w/c paper 12 X 16 1 hour
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2004/11613-Clintons_pic.jpg

Emilia age 4 Tempura paint on w/c paper 9X12 1 hour
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2004/11613-Emilias_pic.jpg

Drumbeat-trish
06-19-2004, 06:43 PM
AWESOME !!!!!!!! Looks like have all inherited grandma's talent.
Kaitlyn -such a delightful scene - looks so happy dreaming into the sky with that stone flower -excellent !!!!
Clinton - awesome blazing campfire -love the way you have the wood at the bottom and the variance in colour with those hot bits at the bottom ( I mucked that up)
Emilia -bright blast of colour and shape -love it :)

katju
06-19-2004, 06:52 PM
You guys have a wonderful Grandma! Looks like you had lots of fun painting today.

Keep up the great work!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: (one for each)

Kathy

lisilk
06-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Excellent ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kaitlyn, I love your fresh colors and perspective, looking up to the sky and the wonderful stone flower.

Clinton, great painting of fire, nice bright colors with lot's of movement.

Emilia, joyful colors, very exciting painting.

Wonderful work. Now go tell grandma to post hers too !

JoyL
06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Kaitlyn, Clinton, and Emilia,

Welcome to WetCanvas -- and congratulations on your first Weekend Drawing Event!

You have done a SUPER job on your paintings. I love the vibrant colours you have chosen.

Emilia -- Your painting is wonderful!!! Maybe you'll grow up to be an artist like your grandmother. :clap:

Kaitlyn -- my daughter, Sarah, is going to love your painting! I like the way you've changed the colours to make it your own creation! Excellent job!!! :clap:

Clinton -- I love the colours in your fire!!!. I've never tried to paint a campfire before - I hope mine turns out as well as yours. Great chair also. Way to go!! :clap:

Andrew Rance
06-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Bless 'em! Start them young, eh - what better pastime for kids than splashing around with paint. To hell with the PS2 and its ilk!!

hopefulbucky
06-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Lorna, this is just great that you have your grandkids involved in something you love. They did a fantastic job on their paintings. Thus memories are made. Good going grandma.

Deano
06-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Superdy dooper job kids!! You are all so talented. Pssst( did you know that Gramma has a bunch of goodies): Water soluable oils...pastels...watercolour... :evil: :D :D

Chiers
06-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Wow, great lookin grandkids and talented little artists too! :clap: :clap:

It's easy to see they have inherited some of grannys talent. Isn't it fun when your grandkids show artistic tendencies.

sundiver
06-19-2004, 09:57 PM
You kids rock! Very artistic! I like the way you all filled up the page with color, and also how you put your own personalities into your art, not to mention they all look great!

lorna12
06-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Kaitlyn, Clinton, and Emilia wanted me to thank all of you for the nice comments about their paintings. They said I was pretty lucky that I get to do this every Saturday :) They wished they could, too but they are too young to join and they live too far from me to come out to our place every weekend. :crying:

They also enjoyed looking at all the neat paintings that everyone else did....to put it in their words they were all "Cool!"

pssst....Deano, yes they know! :D

cmwynn
06-20-2004, 10:37 AM
What fun! Lively colors and good sense of composition. I feel as though I am playing here, but learn something too.
Connie

pjo
06-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Kaitlin - Your figure really stands out nicely against all that green grass. You captured the feeling very nicely here.

Clinton - I've never tried a fire before, yours looks very hot. I really like the colors you've chosen and the way you've been able to look like its moving.

Emilia - I like how you have filled your whole page with color, and the beautiful colors you've chosen.

Good work all, and thank you for sharing your grandkids with us Lorna.

Charlie's Mum
06-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Didn't they do well!!!!!
Kaitlyn's prone figure is very believable, Clinton's fire looks v. hot and Emilia has done a prodigious amount for such a little girl!
Well done kids, and top marks to all three! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: