PDA

View Full Version : Over there

themanda
06-18-2004, 01:33 AM
too much work stacked on my desk today prevented me from going to play in the river with my coworkers, and made me sad, jealous, and feeling left out. i tried to funnel all my angst over lots of stuff that's going on in my life into a big, dark, ominous painting fraught with meaning and depth. for five or six minutes i felt like it might actually work.

then this vinyl pink chair showed up and shot the whole thing straight to hell. so now i don't know what this is. it was supposed to represent being left out and being on the outside looking in at domesticity and comfort and inclusion.

i actually like this an awful lot, but it doesn't seem very moving to me anymore. ah, well...

Jet
06-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Amanda it looks good enough for making a follow up, on a new picture so you can hang them together. jstnida :cool:

Michael
06-18-2004, 02:07 AM
I have been looking and looking at this. And what I see is looking out to a new horizon..taking a chance on something new and different, that would be the pink chair, and still safe, that would be the light.

I like this one a lot...very well done

themanda
06-18-2004, 12:38 PM
thank you my friends.

i'm very disappointed that i can't paint 'dark'. sometimes it would be pleasant to just wallow around in head and feel sorry for myself. guess i'm just too darn perky. :( maybe i can branch off into surreal instead of murky...

i don't see it so much as being willing to take a chance, michael, as a physical separation from what you desire. you're allowed to look, but not feel.

Michael
06-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Wanting to take a chance would have been more appropriate...I still like it though :D

themanda
06-18-2004, 01:36 PM
nah...that's what the fence is there for.

takes a lot of gall to tell the artist that their interpretation of their own work is inappropriate. :p [kidding, kidding]

Michael
06-18-2004, 01:38 PM
I never said innapropriate...I save the innaproprite stuff for later :D

themanda
06-18-2004, 01:54 PM
ah, good. something to look forward to. ;)

JCoop
06-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Manda, no matter what you paint, I always find your work appealing. This is very creative and different. I like it very much. The reason you're finding it hard to paint dark is because you have a happy :D nature, despite your unhappy :( problems. This is really cool! Thanks for sharing more than your art!

themanda
06-18-2004, 05:30 PM
thank you, joel. that means a lot.

sometimes i think i share too much, and i don't leave enough left behind just for me. :( but, you can't change your nature, and my nature is to reveal, i guess. i'll have to ponder about it.

Cronious
06-19-2004, 05:45 AM
Amanda,

I like this, its not dark but it still reflects a state of mind. I think you have created this one well

I am glad that you share, I for one always enjoy viewing your art :D