PDA

View Full Version : roses

Mud Mixer Linda
09-26-2001, 08:48 PM
I just had to use the icon. Does everyone feel so naked the first time? This is an acrylic painting I did for my sister. 16 x 20 Any and all comments welcomed. I've been painting for about a year and am awed by the work all of you have done.

Ceu
09-26-2001, 08:56 PM
LOL, well it was a nice surprise, the roses are so elegant and dainty , beautiful :)

Jan-Michael
09-26-2001, 08:57 PM
This is just LOVELY.... glad to see you posting here... :)

Mud Mixer Linda
09-26-2001, 09:09 PM
Well, thank you both, so much.

Fagan
09-26-2001, 09:16 PM
I like your "handle"....I have mixed a lot of mud in my time. I like the roses....very well done. Welcome to WetCanvas!

jerryW
09-26-2001, 09:36 PM
I am not much of a flower guy, but I must say every part of this painting is lovely and connects well with every other part.
you may as well be a nudist if this is naked.
quite natural

Impulse
09-26-2001, 11:29 PM
lovely painting mud mixer
welcome to WC!

Mud Mixer Linda
09-27-2001, 12:31 AM
Fagan. Thank you. I'm still going back to see "waving wheat". I just love the lift it gives me.

jerryW. Nice comments for not being a "flower guy". Thanks. Been searching to see what kind of guy you are but none of your pics. will come in. Why? I'll try to post something maybe a little more in your taste. (I'm not much of a flower girl either)

Impulse, what can I say. I long to have the bold brush strokes you have and to be able to see the wonderful colors you see.

Thank you all so much. I feel much bolder now. I hope you will not treat me so gently in the future. The honeymoon is over. I love to learn and I am never offended by anothers viewpoint; I may not agree, but never offended. All I ask is honesty of heart, and I will give the same.

ArtyHelen
09-27-2001, 07:26 AM
They are so delicate and vulnerable that they may well be naked.
Lovely! (And that's from someone who not 'floral' either!)

Helen

Mud Mixer Linda
09-29-2001, 04:57 AM
Oh Helen, I'm your fan. L-o-v-e your work. Have been back about ten pages, and looking forward to finding more of yours.