PDA

View Full Version : 3D --> Bryce Landscape

Woof-a-Doof
06-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Since there seems to be more and more discussion about Bryce, I thought I would post an image I did not too long ago.

Landscapes are not my thing (clearly), however, Bryce is billed as a "Landscape Generator". So, once in a while I will break down and actually do a landscape. :D This one was done for CNN's morning show Day Break.

Thanks for taking a peep!

lemonbird
06-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Nice. :) I like it a lot, especially how it doesn't have that typical "Brycian" landscape look. :)

captan
06-16-2004, 09:29 AM
A suggestion:

Instead of copying one palm tree into many as it seems you've done here, make a new palm, change it's settings (there are plenty of variables if you rightclick or something on the tree - can't remeber it was a few years ago), so you make sure you get some variation, rinse and repeat for each tree.

Or if you are the lazy kind - like I am sometimes too, make sure at least that you rotate the trees in different angles along the z axis so they look different from eachother - also place them at different hights. So you have tall trees and short once - you can scale them somewhat also.

This get's rid of the "cloned pattern" look you have in this pic.

kyrospeare
06-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Looks great...nice work!

Michael
06-16-2004, 10:18 AM
More than anything..I like the coloration of the scene...Well done!

Jet
06-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Great colors and overall mood- i agree with captan about the palms multiplicity, although can't give solutions for it.

Keep those beauties flowing !!

Regards

Woof-a-Doof
06-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Jet--> Thanks!

Redwater-->Thanks also!

Kyrospeare--> Thanks, glad ya enjoyed!

Captan--> Yup, your right, if landscapes were someting I did on a fairly consistant basis I probably would have done as ya suggested. If memory serves me, there are two different trees, staggered in heigth, distance as well as rotated. I think the primary thing to address is the number of leaves per branch and how they are staggered on the trunk (just simply didnt care to monkey with it at the time) The other thing that would have helped I am sure is to generate another coupla types of tree entirely and made the # of leaves on the frowns different, as well as the staggering of the heigth/depth & placement. Probably wouldnt have hurt to vary the texture of the leaves as well. Never know, if I do another landscape in the next 9 months or so I will certainly follow the suggestion, thanks!

Dragonflyfantasyart--> Thanks...Avoiding that typical Brycian look absorbed alot of my attention. I tried stretching the terrain across the horizon...that didnt work to well. I tried placing terrain on the right side of the image, and well, that didnt work either (the duplication thing and all) This was just one of those images where tweaking the fog density and color made this for me, an acceptable image...Like I said, landscapes really arn't my thing