PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with this

alan53
09-26-2001, 12:39 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Sep-2001/SMALLBES.jpg
I've been working on this jpg since I took the picture a couple of weeks ago. I believe there's a poster (read art print :-) here, yet I can't define what's stopping me.

Thanks for any criticism.

Alan

Gavinart
09-26-2001, 01:58 PM
Try cropping it.

Maybe a creative, clever croppage wil ldo the trick.

Nice digital image!

alan53
09-26-2001, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the input. I actually made the image a tad larger, adding the dark border across the top in an attempt to make the central point of view less centered.

I'll play with the edges and, who knows, may chop the top off again.

I appreciate your input.

Alan

jerryW
09-26-2001, 03:22 PM
it looks fine, what is the goal? what is the impediment?

alan53
09-26-2001, 04:01 PM
The goal is the production and sale of X number of prints.

The impediment is a voice in my head saying this isn't quite right, yet I'm not sure what is required to make it right.

I've cropped about a 10th from the left hand side (thanks Gavinart) and am feeling better but not completely happy.

Thank you for helping me think about this. I probably just have to get away from it for a day or so.

Alan

ArtyHelen
09-27-2001, 07:05 AM
Hi Alan,
I think what may be stopping you is the knowledge that you can do much better.
Having seen the lovely work at your web site, this doesn't even come close, in my opinion.
Sorry if that sounds too blunt, but this looks like it was done by a much lesser artist than the one who did the interesting, colourful and passionate work at your site.
Sorry, but it's how I feel - only my humble opinion... Hope you don't mind me sharing it with you.

Helen

dornberg
09-27-2001, 07:48 AM
the green seems to be too rich and great a color
the rest is suffocating
tone down one or tone up the other

ejfarrae
09-27-2001, 11:40 AM
i think some variety in the color of the shadow would give it a little more depth and pop. as it is now the hookers green color seems way too dominant and flat.

alan53
09-27-2001, 12:55 PM
Thanks folks, I'm definitely going to have to take a vacation from this one. Here's what's happened so far. Starting to look as if the original unmodified photograph is the best. It's all going to hell at the moment. I'll play with it again, later.

I hope I can be of assistance to someone else in the same manner

Alan
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Sep-2001/2x2.jpg