PDA

View Full Version : Coral Fish

Gillette
06-15-2004, 10:36 PM
I have just finished this for my youngest granddaughter(7yrs). I was amazed at how hard I found it,...decision..." I must get more variety of experience in my painting."
Acrylic on stretched canvas 18x18inches. Colours not so faded in reality
Now I wonder what my 10yr old grandson will ask for and hope I can handle it!!!
Jane.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2004/38894-fish3_cr_res.jpg

GOODROB
06-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Wow, I really like all the different creatures you have represented, and how you used a variety of techniquesto paint them, so the fish didn't look too much the same.

It tickled me how most all the fish are in 'couples'. Then there was just this one fish by himself/herself. Goin stag I guess lol....

Nice piece. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!

-Rob

Marty C
06-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi Jane,
Underwater coral reef works are always so lively and colourful, a treat to see. Well done, these will keep the grandkids very happy!

Gillette
06-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks Rob, it never occurred to me until you said that I had paired the fish, and had one solo, I just tried to fill the canvas without being overcrowded, an interesting comment, I wonder what a psych would say about me!! I have been happily married for 47yrs this month so obviously am in favour of couples.
Thanks Marty, I emailed the pic to Rachel and she is very keen to have it, they fly down next month for holidays with us and then Harry will tell me what he wants, I've told him anything from Shrek or Harry Potter is out.!!

I'll now get back to Ocean Beach.
Regards
Jane.

anney
06-18-2004, 05:23 AM
I've told him anything from Shrek or Harry Potter is out.!!

lol

So I'm not the only one involved in "Kid commissions"... the problem is that I'm the mother, not the grandmother... so the timeframe is usually limited, and my "customer" has a lot of time and opportunity to request drawings! I'm moaning, but it's great time to draw together too.

My last drawing was Bob Razowski...

Anne

Tanilba
06-19-2004, 05:29 AM
Hi Anney
Wonderful undersea painting, I Love it and I,m sure your granddaughter will just love this she is a lucky girl to have a grandmother who can paint beautiful paintings.
REgards Glenda

SilverLady
06-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Jane,

So well done and I am really studying it.

I am doing "Finding Nemo" and it is hard. I have layed out a lot of things that I have to go back to and apply highlights and shadows and such stuff. But it is for two special great nephews room (2 & 4), so it will be worth it when I finish. When I left the boys home last Thursday. the 4 year old said he guessed he liked it but the fish had no eyes. One of the things I could not do before I left that day. "smile"

I am learning a lot by reading and observing the things on the WetCanvas site. So many things to see and read, I don't have time to paint.

Good luck.

Silverlady

VeldaJ
06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Lovely lively coral reef picture, Jane. No wonder your granddaughter likes it. Hope your grandson doesnt come up with anything too awkward by way of a request.

Gillette
06-21-2004, 12:49 AM
Hello to
Anney, Tanilba, Silverlady, and Joy, Thankyou all for looking and your interesting comments. I feel I could do a lot better, and when I decide to paint fish again I will have a better idea. I did breed and keep tropical fish when the children were young and it's amazing how ideas of their behaviour return after so many years. This one did take me a long time but as Rachel is happy with it I'm glad and relieved. (Now for Harrys request!!!TBA)
I have spent a lot of time in WC and am amazed at how much very valuable information there is for us all, I act like a sponge when I'm on it, what a fantastic site and I am still amazed at how helpful and kind everyone is.

Jane.