PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mache Dancers

joemajury
09-26-2001, 09:30 AM
I started this of by using a wooden figure and taking a photo of it.
Then I set the figure in a different pose and again Photographed it.
Then I put the 2 photos together, to use as my image.
I then shaped chicken wire for the outline of the dancers, and the rest was Paper pulp, and Paper mache.
It was then finished of with a coat of Gold Paint and mounted on a wooden base

Joe
;) ;)

Leaflin
09-26-2001, 03:26 PM
I think you have done a grand job on this Joe.
I love papier mache'.
It is such a versatile medium.
Thanks for showing us.

reynolds
09-27-2001, 02:23 AM
joe,
that was a great image and one more medium
for me to try. life is just full of room for experimentation and i get to see it here. i am curious about the red, is that behind your project or attached? i like it. it is mighty cheery.
thanks for sharing your work.

sassybird
09-27-2001, 05:17 AM
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((JOE)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so glad to see you back. Your son did a great job in keeping us updated on how you were doing, and after seeing this piece I am very happy to have you creating.

This piece touched me deeply. I was in ballet for 8 yrs, and then I moved to modern dance, interpretive. Your piece shows the pleasure of dance, the freedom a dancer feels much of the time.
I wish I had the room to display this piece. If I did you can bet that you could put a sold sign on it :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

impetuous
09-28-2001, 10:33 PM
This is great Joe, papier mache is great fun, lol, reminds me of Blue Peter (that's papier mache and not your figures! :))
How did you get on with the chicken wire? was it hard to get into the shape you wanted?

joemajury
09-29-2001, 09:57 AM
No!! the red is not part of the figures, but a face mask on a shelf behind it.
The chicken wire is the most time consuming part of this sculpture, you are working with very small pieces and trying to get them to stay together, but patience is rewarded, after that, the paper mache - pulp, hides a multitude of sin :D :D
Sassy, I am glad you liked it so much, and thank you for the welcome back.
You wont see me on here often, mainly just when Im posting work.
( I have to take it easy) :D

Joe