PDA

View Full Version : 3D Charactaz (Ongoing Thread)

Woof-a-Doof
06-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Following Jets suggestion, I will try and be consistant with placing my charactaz in one thread....Although this one should go into my "Untitled images need love to" thread, cuz its untitled....It's a characta! (and recent)

This particular fella was created in 3D Studio, materials and final rendering in Bryce and post work done in Photoshop.

I was pleased with how the transperant texture of the model allowed for the teeth and tounge to show through. At first it really "disturbed" me...and then I thought, sometimes ya just have to be a lil disturbed and be ok with it!

Thanks for taking a peep!

Michael
06-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Nice...what I really like is the texture in this one...The see through aspect is kinda creepy...LOL...that seems to be a theme in here today :rolleyes:

Cronious
06-16-2004, 06:59 AM
I am really enjoying your 3d work.

Love the texture and the way you have used colour here.

Jet
06-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Woof, thanks for starting this thread , now we can't miss any of these goodies , and it won't be washed away by newer threads as it will be on a frequent updating....YAY!!! :clap:

Whoaa, that's quite a character,from the ones under..its skin has that translucent look ...

this one must be a flesh eater,http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jun-2004/27782-eusa_shifty.gif fersure !

do you get these from your mind ? or inspired by an existing character ?

kool critters !

Woof-a-Doof
06-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Jet--> Gawd, it is scary to say, yeah they are my own charactaz (says alot about me huh)

Cronious--> Thank you...I read somewhere that you wanted to get into 3D...I can only encourage ya to do so! It's a totally different than 2D...a whole new dimension (bad pun) But seriously, it really a completely different approach...ya start to think differently...tis difficult to explain :)

Redwater--> Thanks, yeah...all my charactaz have that "creepy" thing going on. I am not one to really go for realisim...perhaps because I really suck at it and perhaps the realisim of the human torso really doesnt do much for me. But my charactaz, I truely love!

Woof-a-Doof
06-16-2004, 08:23 AM
I wish I had a valid explaination for this characta...hard as I search, it still eludes me.

I wanted a "gentle face", "kind eyes" and I wanted to tilt the head to indicate interest...somehow things didn't turn quite like I had hoped. However, as the modeling process unfolded I began to cast aside any notion of what I had wanted and began to play with a "twist" (which has been a recurring theme of late). Once I gave up all hope of achieving what I set out to do...I felt so much better!

Model created in 3D Studio, materials and final rendering in Bryce.

Woof-a-Doof
06-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Wahoooo...I named an image...This ones name is BWR (Black, White & Red)

This was created before caffiene consumption @ around 0500 est. I have been playing alot with a "twist" theme and thought we all have our twisted moments. So I thought I would introduce a normal characta into the scene. As the image was unfolding I began to think back to work I did with folks that had eatting disorders, the distorted self perceptions were often hidden but once exposed, they were often grossly exagerated.

The red ball was added to tie the image to a previous effort sometime ago.

Models created in Poser. The silvery model (same as black metalic model) was also created in Poser and imported into 3D Studio for ummm, alterations. Materials and final render in Bryce.

Michael
06-16-2004, 10:09 AM
The head, well done! It does, however, remind me of the transporter accident in the first Star Trek movie. :D

The lady and the brilliant red ball...excellent!
I am a real big fan of a color that stands out and just slaps you! The red is excellent here. Well balanced and carried out just enough through the piece.

lemonbird
06-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Great work! I think my fav of the 3 is the last one. I really like the stark contrast of the red with the black, white and greys. :)

Woof-a-Doof
06-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Dragonflyfantasyart--> Thanks...it does seem like the 3 colors with grey's produce great contrast...glad ya enjoyed it!

RedWater--> I dunno man, I never saw the Star Trek movies...sheltered life and all. I am glad ya liked um! The eyes in the one didnt quite have the impact I was really hoping for....oh well, something to do tomorrow morning.

Woof-a-Doof
06-17-2004, 06:32 AM
Left Behind

Jet
06-17-2004, 07:25 AM
The black and whte and R...shhh don't call him now..
is a winner, i like everything, even the distorted figure...and the stacked one too, :rolleyes:
Last one is Mr. Bee ?
it has a deep 3D quality.

i like that the style is not redundant, it keeps you wanting for more

Regards

Woof-a-Doof
06-18-2004, 06:40 AM
Last one is Mr. Bee ?
it has a deep 3D quality.
Thanks Jet!

Not sure about Mr.Bee :confused: But the "deep 3D quality" I think is made more obvious by a setting in Bryce called "Depth of Field" or "Field of Depth" (caffiene hasn't kicked in yet). This setting gives focus to the object, in this case "Mr. Bee" :D and everything else will be out of focus, in varying degrees up to the targeted object.

The attached images may show this better. The "clear" image is without the "Depth of Field". The blurred image is with the "Depth of Field" selected and the Mushroom Guy on the right hand side, is the "object selected"