PDA

View Full Version : Wistful....

Andrew Rance
06-15-2004, 04:58 PM
Image simplified in Buzz Pro 3 demo version (Photoshop plug-in), then mucked about with in Painter. Original photo ref courtesy of the World Health Organisation - P Virot.

Andrew Rance
06-15-2004, 05:00 PM
ooops - messed up the image upload.

themanda
06-15-2004, 05:15 PM
that's just lovely...so soft and delicate. very aptly named.

peoplepainter
06-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Themanda! I was going to say that until I read what you wrote. LOL

It is aptly named for a pretty little face. Very nice painting. I don know what Buzz whatever does. I live in a hole.

Michael
06-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Outstanding Andrew. One of these days you will have to tell me exactly how you do that :clap:

JCoop
06-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Andrew, a beaut!... as usual. You're fantastic with your craft. :clap:

My only comment is that the eyes are too photographic and they betray the painted appeal that the rest of the painting so beautifully displays.

Andrew, keepem comin!

justjean
06-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Beautiful :clap: :clap:

flowerfancy58
06-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi Andrew,

I like the way her face is lit up! I'm still not certain about the hair though...especially on the left side (viewer's left). But then, I'v been known to be wrong......... often, lol!!!

gloria:)

Jet
06-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey !!
all the nice words are taken again...:mad:

..i will have to say the opposite to what i feel as to not duplicate any words:

Andrew, this a bad example of digital art i can see it was done without any care whatsoever
and it really reflects your poor taste and lack of experience on this art fashion.

Congratulations !!! -< this is the only nice word that hadn't been used already..yuk yuk

:Dhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Regards

Andrew Rance
06-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Andrew, this a bad example of digital art i can see it was done without any care whatsoever
and it really reflects your poor taste and lack of experience on this art fashion.

Jet, I take this in the spirit it was intended! :evil:

Joel - The eyes were the most 'painted' bit of this picture - I had problems making them convincing & realistic, so had to insert highlights and stuff. Perhaps I overdid it..... :confused:

lorna12
06-17-2004, 05:13 AM
My first post in this forum, though I have been lurking about gleening all kinds of info. What I know about digital art would fit on the head of a pin, but I do know about art and this is art with a capital ART!

I just had to say I think this is so very beautiful. Such wonderful expression....which makes me, respectfully, disagree with JCoop about the eyes.......They are what caught me, right off. Being almost photographic makes them the focal point of the painting and tells me exactly why you named this "Wistful". I don't know if, having them done in a more painterly fashion, it would have had the same impact it did. I think its very powerful this way.

It's wonderful! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jet
06-17-2004, 05:46 AM
Lorna it's such an honor !!

You're Welcome any and everytime !!

Regards

JCoop
06-17-2004, 11:25 AM
I just had to say I think this is so very beautiful. Such wonderful expression....which makes me, respectfully, disagree with JCoop about the eyes.
Lorna, welcome!!! so nice to have you posting over here! Haven't had the pleasure since my last WDE. Andrew, I would default to Lorna's point of view. As you know, she is a fantastic artist, with a very keen sense of portraiture.
Lorna, we have a rule here... once you finally post, we get to claim you! :D

JulieBoyles
06-17-2004, 11:56 AM
This is very beautiful Andrew! The eyes really grabbed me too! I'l like to know more about these images you've been doing and how you obtain them. I think they are very beautiful and would be wonderful to paint. Could you give me more info??

Wonderful work and Congratulations!

Julie

Andrew Rance
06-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Julie - most of the images I have been working on recently come from the World Health Organisation website (www.who.int). There are lots of very high quality photographs there arranged in subject-specific galleries, and the only condition for using them is to acknowledge the source. To find them, just put ".jpg" in the WHO home page search box. Happy hunting!

lorna12
06-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Thankyou for the warm welcome Jet and Joel! I shall try to visit here more often....digital art has me fascinated!