PDA

View Full Version : Late WDE June 12th - Church

dragonlady
06-15-2004, 05:00 AM
Was busy all weekend. Finally found a couple of hours last night. This is Unison and Rembrandt pastels, 8"x10" on a sandy coloured sanded paper (which is showing through in the finished painting more than I would like). Will be back later to catch up on commenting.

lisilk
06-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Hi Joy,

You can never really be late for a WDE. You get inspired when you get inspired ! This is a wonderfully textured pastel and until you mentioned it, I didn't notice the sanded paper coming through ! LOL.

You've done a beautiful job of making this old church feel the wind and isolation through it's rafter's. The sky is great and nice textures all 'round, esp the old wood.

Thanks for joining in ! A very nice painting ! Really feels like the place. ( And very good perspective on the road leading in. )

sundiver
06-15-2004, 07:06 AM
The sandy colored paper showing just adds warmth to the picture, I think, making it look isolated and a bit lonely, but still inviting. Lovely!

Drumbeat-trish
06-15-2004, 02:04 PM
I like the paper showing through too :) You have really captured a nice atmosphere here :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
06-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Lovely sky and wind-blown grass - nice colours too :)

dabblerdot
06-15-2004, 07:05 PM
What a lovely wind-blown sky !! I really like the attention to detail, and the warm colours, of the building, and it looks good in isolation. And if you can't have the 'sand' of the paper showing through on a desert scene, then where could you ever have it ? :) I think this is a very pretty and successful painting- great work !!! :clap: :clap:

artbyjune
06-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Yes, I like the parts of the paper showing through too. I especially love the contrast of the beautiful blue sky and the warmth of the building. Sunny too.
June

Deano
06-16-2004, 12:58 AM
I really love that intense blue sky against the red brown church. And I believe the sandy patches showing through lends it great colour harmony. :clap: :clap:

dragonlady
06-16-2004, 06:14 AM
OK guys, I concede. I won't worry about the paper showing through :) . Thanks for all your kind remarks

Precious Mazie
06-16-2004, 05:25 PM
This is lovely! :clap: :clap: :clap: It takes me days to look and comment on all the great WDE's. And am delighted to see new work here. I agree there is no time limit on WDE's. Glad you found the time and posted your efforts!

lorna12
06-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Very nice church! You did a really terrific job on that sky, too. I like the sandy patches showing through...gives it a harmony (as Deano said) and uniformity.

Well done!

geminidream
06-18-2004, 04:12 PM
I like your painting on the old church , I like the textures the way you painted the clouds, very nice the dirt road is cool too, and especially the detail on the church very nice .... :clap: :clap: :clap:
geminidream :)

dragonlady
06-18-2004, 04:54 PM
geminidream, Lorna, Mazie, thanks for taking the time and your kind remarks.

ajlec2000
06-18-2004, 08:04 PM
That photo had no contrasts for me. But you created a great one between the blue of the sky and the browns of the building. Love that sky.