PDA

View Full Version : I'm done Any suggestions before I sign this?

Luvy
09-25-2001, 01:30 PM
Well think I'm done. Not sure about the window Should I throw in a hint of blue into the sky or leave it as is?

Cap
09-25-2001, 01:38 PM
Hi!
I have not seen your work in a while and I must say how beautifully it is progressing.
I don't think you need the window, it distorts and detracts from the lady, whom you have rendered quite nicely I love her expression!

JeanineJ
09-25-2001, 03:25 PM
Gorgeous! I would vote in favor of a soft light in the window to break up the large dark area without distracting from figure... I think her fingers are too short... The rest of her flows like a river...

ArtyHelen
09-25-2001, 03:45 PM
Wow, Luvy, you are doing so great! This is wonderful!
I have to agree about the fingers, and I'm not too sure about the arm she's resting on... But these are tiny things. This is great!
Did you work from a photo?
Keep up the great work!

Helen

giniaad
09-25-2001, 04:36 PM
Luvy...doing great
yes, fingers are too short, though...
I would work on the bed rail a bit more...
and either do a window or a picture on the wall...

keep going...
you are progressing nicely!
ginia

Luvy
09-25-2001, 04:39 PM
Hello Cap *S* Thanks for your comments. Didn't know what to do other than a plain wall and that seemed boring. But I have changed it some *S*

Giniaad See if you like this better.

Jeanine I worked on those fingers LOL But Here's another attempt. Maybe they are long enough now.

Thanks Helen *S*

Hopefully this window will be a little more interesting. Giniaad When it dries I plan on working on the spindles more. Dry enough to put a ruler on. I'm not good at painting straight lines *S* HEE HEE

Oops hd to come back and answer a question I missed. I found a photo of a woman laying across a piano in a long evening gown. So I took it from there. Needed a model *S* HEE HEE

giniaad
09-25-2001, 08:54 PM
no rulers needed...they need depth...roundness, I presume they are round...
doing great...
ginia

Luvy
09-26-2001, 11:11 AM
Giniaad I'm hoping to get them equally apart or close and the same with etc. And hopefully rounded *S* LOL Cross your fingers *S* I am :evil:

CarlyHardy
09-27-2001, 02:34 PM
If the wall at the side with the window is on that angle...then the bed headboard could not be flush with the wall. Check out your perspective...the figure is beautiful.
carly

jerryW
09-27-2001, 05:16 PM
i vote for a signature

allanom
09-27-2001, 06:43 PM
luvy: I originally thought a sky or scene outside the window might be better, however, I like the way you've isolated the subject in her room with shutters(?). Gives the painting a certain "closure". Sign it, I say!

Luvy
09-27-2001, 08:26 PM
Thank you all for your comments. Still would like to work on the folds. I need to find in my books how to do them. I'm not thrilled with these.

Carly I'm not seeing what you are talking about. I'm pretty new you have to draw me a picture sometimes *S*

Thanks Jerry and Allanom *S*

Allanom Yes they are suppose to be shutters. I had just a plain gray sky and that didn't work. Didn't want to introduce anymore colors into the painting. So I tried the shutters and liked it. Trial and error I will learn. *S*

Impulse
09-27-2001, 11:01 PM
i give my proxy to jerry
(sign it)

pampe
09-27-2001, 11:12 PM
Luvy, I agree about the fingers, but DON'T touch the rest...she is powerful and sad and just right for September in the USA......

Her face is Marvelous:clap:

Pam