PDA

View Full Version : First WDE: 2 Chairs

Lady Carol
06-13-2004, 10:23 PM
I liked the simplicity of this photo and I made even more simplistic by the elimination of surplus items.

Any way my first WDE event and I learnt something....where the town center is located LOL!!!!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2004/11811-2_chairs2.JPG

Lady Carol
06-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Forgot to say it is acrylics on watercolour paper 10X12

lisilk
06-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Welcome, so glad you joined in.

I love this, simple ( looks only I'm sure, ) stylized but everything that needs to be there is. Plus the nice use of linited palette gives it a feel of abandonment.

Hope you join in again !

Drumbeat-trish
06-14-2004, 04:40 AM
You called this simplicity??????????? -all those angles , nooks and crannies-love what you have done with it - reduced it to its essence -beautiful work !!!! and now you have found your way here -can you show us the way out????????? ;)

CAULFIELD
06-14-2004, 08:30 AM
I agree - Simple? :confused: I avoided this one, looked too complicated, I have a terrible time deciding what to include/exclude. You did a great job. Welcome! - this was my first too! Wasn't it fun?

~Nicole :)

Lady Carol
06-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Welcome, so glad you joined in.

I love this, simple ( looks only I'm sure, ) stylized but everything that needs to be there is. Plus the nice use of linited palette gives it a feel of abandonment.

Hope you join in again !

Thank you lisik. You planned this very well and I did enjoy it immensely

Lady Carol
06-14-2004, 01:53 PM
You called this simplicity??????????? -all those angles , nooks and crannies-love what you have done with it - reduced it to its essence -beautiful work !!!! and now you have found your way here -can you show us the way out????????? ;)

Thanks Trish. However to get here I have to go a very round-about way. I cannot find Town Center in any of the links and to find where to post this I had to do a search. My front page must be set up wrong...??????

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Lady Carol
06-14-2004, 01:54 PM
I agree - Simple? :confused: I avoided this one, looked too complicated, I have a terrible time deciding what to include/exclude. You did a great job. Welcome! - this was my first too! Wasn't it fun?

~Nicole :)

Thanks Nicole for commenting. Yes I had much fun doing this. Bit like art class where there is a time limit. At least I loosen up with a time limit

Precious Mazie
06-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Welcome and what a nice job! Has that poster feel. I have a painting of our home town done is this same style and I love it and love this too. Great Job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cmwynn
06-14-2004, 06:32 PM
The bare essentials makes a fine style. This is a familiar scene as it is. I have trouble each time getting to the WDEs. There must be a more direct route than I use. It's a wonder any new people show up at all.
Connie

prestonsega
06-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Being able to simplify a scene and make it work is a challenge that you accepted and won! I ALSO AGREE that it is a bit difficult to get to the WDE and I've done it several times ( and moderators taking note??)

sundiver
06-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Thanks Trish. However to get here I have to go a very round-about way. I cannot find Town Center in any of the links and to find where to post this I had to do a search. My front page must be set up wrong...??????

I'm not sure why it's so complicated to get here, but her are some pathways:

That blue bar at the top> find " Content Areas" > drop down to "Discussion Forums"> when it goes to that page scroll down to All Media Events Forum
also
The Forum Jump drop thingy at the bottom of most pages> the AMAE Forum is fairly near the top

I don't know why the forum is not listed in that Channels drop thingy
(Can't you tell by my vocabulary how computer savvy I am? :p )

edit- Oops, forgot to say your painting is great! Love how you simplified everything...and actual persons could sit on those chairs, unlike the chairs I did lol.

Deano
06-16-2004, 12:48 AM
You have a very solid painting here. Very clean colors. I was having trouble finding my way back, 'til I entered it in "My WC".

lorna12
06-18-2004, 02:09 AM
Well done Lady Carol and welcome to the WDEs....I hope you'll join in often and you probably will as they become very addicting!

If you want easy access to this forum go to the main page of it (this forum) and then under File, top left, go to send and then choose "Shortcut to desktop" Then all you have to do is double click the icon on your desktop to come straight here. I have the WC! Home page on my desktop and this forum....can you tell I like this place??? ;) :D I am shamelessly addicted!! :D

geminidream
06-18-2004, 04:07 PM
welcome to wde, glad you found it and made it here :D
nice job on your first wde, its amazing how the same pic can have so many diff outcomes , I like how yours shows emptiness like it is :clap: good job. hope to see you next week :) geminidream

ajlec2000
06-18-2004, 08:19 PM
This weekend seems to be the weekend of the long time WC members coming by for their 1st WDE. As was mentioned in another thread this is a happening forum. And am I smug in saying I have no trouble finding it? Why, yes I am! My 1st stop every time I surf the web.
This was also a weekend of interesting angles. Glad you saw them in that photograph (great photography, lisilk).
You captured the perspective while keeping that abandoned look. Reminds me of that van Gogh he did of his bedroom.